Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ship.xml - File

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricardo
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Ship.xml - File Reply with quote

Will it be a problem if I create diff files (ship.xml) to start within diff years?
A simple eg: Lets say i have 1 ship in my entire game by default and this ship's running cost is a $1000-00 per day. I start a game on 01/01/1975.
I play untill 31/12/1975 and save the game. I then go into win explore and change the ship.xml file so that the RC (running cost) is now set at $1100-00. Backup the $1000-00/ship-file and replace with the $1100-00-file.
Go to POC and start the saved game which I finished at 31/12/1975 and play it further with the modified ship-file.
I hope you understad what I mean?
Could this be a problem to running of the program?
I shall try it over the weekend if I have some spare time and revert by Monday or Tuesday at the latest.
Cheers
Richard / Cape Recife
Bearsie
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: xml parameters Reply with quote

Usually not a problem, I constantly adjust: crew, expense, fuel %, waterline, year of build, speed, tdw and such.
It won't take until you restart the game
Number of ships available will not change in a saved game.
Caveat: if you lower the tdw she might sink if already loaded...
And if you make the ship newer than the game she might disappear on you...
Also you don't have to back up the whole shabang, just the ship you changed, so you can go back to original values
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: