Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Liners and gfx options for Sim3D II?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Sim3D II Discussion & Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaFalcon
PoC Visitor
Platinum Licensee
PoC Visitor<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: New Liners and gfx options for Sim3D II? Reply with quote

I like the Sim 3D II as a alternate ship control very much. It's a colossal add-on für PoC, of course!!! Wink

I would like to have following options integrated into PoC - here's a just list of my thoughts: Idea

* more liners (e. g. like mentioned in another thread here before the "Freedom of the Seas" - I would like also to have one of the Hapag-Lloyd cruisers like e. g. the new "MS Europa")
    * if possible optional a switch or slider for minimizing gfx for older graphic cards (would be nice since the work on the older Sim3D has been stopped)

Well, mainly I would like to have the second option from above because Sim3D II needs newer graphic cards. Older cards have problems in displaying the sim. It would be nice to have switchable options or sliders for changing gfx details from hich to medium or low. Users with older graphic cards could use Sim3D II, too (with not so highly detailed gfx, of course!). Well, just my suggestion. May be it's possible to write it into the program code of the sim.

If you are working at this options please just ignore this message.
Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(German part of the message)

Ich bin von der Sim3D II als alternativer Schiffskontrollmöglichkeit begeistert - eine kolossale Bereicherung für PoC!!! Wink

Gut fände ich ich es, wenn folgende Optionen noch integriert würden, die mir gerade spontan Idea einfallen:

* weitere Passagierschiffe (z. B. wie schon angeregt die "Freedom of the Seas" - ich fände aber auch die Hapag-Lloyd Kreuzfahrtschiffe interessant wie z. B. die neue "MS Europa")
    * optional eine Möglichkeit, die Grafikdarstellung entsprechend für ältere Grafikkarten zu minimieren, falls möglich (wäre gut, da die Weiterentwicklung an der älteren Sim3D gestoppt wurde)

Gerade an der zweiten Option ist mir gelegen, da Sim3D II hohe Ansprüche an Grafikkarten stellt, so daß ältere 3D-Grakas nicht mehr bei der Darstellung mitmachen (können). Sollte also z. B. durch Anwählen von Optionen oder Schiebereglern die Möglichkeit bestehen, die Grafik von hoch auf mittel bzw. niedrig stellen zu können, könnte ein Benutzer mit einer älteren Graka durchaus - auch wenn er dann die geringere Grafikdarstellung in Kauf nehmen muß - die Sim3D II nutzen. Dies nur mal so als Anregung. Wenn es technisch nicht möglich ist, geht es natürlich nicht.

Wenn schon an den Optionen gearbeitet wird, bitte diesen Beitrag ignorieren.
Danke!
Grizzly
PoC Frequent Visitor
Platinum Licensee
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Freedom of the Seas" would be great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Sim3D II Discussion & Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: