Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 things for the TODO list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gustaf
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: 10 things for the TODO list Reply with quote

Some things I'd like to see added to the TODO list:

1. In the cargo selection list, arrow keys doesn't work, but in the destination list, they do. That makes no sense. Make arrow keys work in every list. I think there's a similar problem in when you browse for ships to buy.

2. Make it possible to filter out ships you can't afford, as you browse for ships to buy.

3. In the cargo and destination lists, make it possible to sort destinations on proximity.

4. In screens such as Dry Dock, Lay Up and so on, add the name and location of the ship.

5. When the game says ships are in bad shape, show the percentage.

6. After buying a ship, stay at the same floor rather than going back to the elevator.

7. In the news list left of the world map, make the news regarding your own company in another color that stands out from the rest.

8. On the screen Choose your travel speed, make it possible to cancel the journey, and go back to the city screen.

9. Make ballast the default cargo, so that you never have to add it explicitly. That is remove it from the cargo list and simply let ships go empty.

10. Add a button to clear all cargo from the selected cargo list.

Most of these should be simple. Smile

Gustaf
Danieloncarevic
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ when viewing the list of cargoes available for transport make it possibly to sort the cargoes by port, by price per item or total value of the transport
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you click on the top bar with the heading, the items will be sorted after this column already.

--
1. I will check, currently this depends on the used ocx below, for example the flash blocks all events (in captains menue), I will see what IO can do, but here currently I rely on the used tools --- but we are about t o replace all tools (OCX) step by step by our own and then we can unify the user interface.

2. yes that should be easy by a check obx for example ** or I can add a symbol in the list

3. currently this will imply a timeconsuming calculation, but will change as soon as I can the new routing tables

4. yes good idea.

5. ok

6. we had the reserve diskussion also

7 you mean the infso area on th eleft side -- currently the textfiled does not support color, but I can change this with a new tool.

8. This migh imply to go back to the enter port scenario as you left the port at this stage. Currently you can do the same by going to the office after choosing the travel speed, and change the destination back to the origin port.

9. the ballast must be loaded explizit as this is a fundamental principle in the real world shipping also, without ballast you ship gets problems when traveling.
Empty ships are not allowed.
Later I will have some kind of script system with the line business, there you can set defaults for example.

10 yes .
barbaros
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: more requires.. Reply with quote

maybe these things also could be add,

vessels can be listed according to their types such as,
1-
a-)Coasters (max 4999 dwt)
b-)river vessels
2-)tugs (but they shouldn't carry cargo just for towing and/or assistance)
3-)supply barges ( fw + bunkering + waste transfers)
4-)fishing boats (but this can be difficult)
5-)general cargo vsls (handysize up to 50.000 dwt)
6-)bulkers
a-afromax
b-suezmax
c-panamax
7-)obo (ore,bulk and oil carriers)
8-)tankers
a-vine tankers
b-oil tankers
c-large tankers
d-vlcc
e-ulcc
9-)containers
a-0-500 cont.
b-500-3000 cont.
c-3000-up to max.
10-)ferries
a-ro/ro vessels
b-cruisers
c-passanger/ro-ro vessels
11-)special ships
a-timber/wood pulp/lumber carriers
b-cement carriers
c-something else... Very Happy
Sparky
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
8. This migh imply to go back to the enter port scenario as you left the port at this stage.

Yes, but it is cheaper and saves time instead of going through the office routine. I think it is an important feature because it happens sometimes that you click the "Load"-button (instead of "Charter") even though you are not finished - and off you are ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: