Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buy out rivals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Novex
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

Location: Somewhere between Rotterdam and Antwerp - the Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Buy out rivals Reply with quote

What about an option to buy out other companies, like AI opponents. And an option that generates a new company in it's place. This new company may start with more cash then other players, depending on the date/time elapses form the start year of the game.

When you buy out the other company, you’ll take over his vessels, his cash flow and obviously his mortgage and/or loan. You can then rename vessels or ditch the scrappy ones for cash.

This is just an idea that sprung my mind, when I compare this game with games like railroad or transport tycoon, etc.

Cheers, Novex
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I thought on this, one option ist when a company goes to the stock market (on my todo ), then you can buy stocks for example and catch the company, but we can do this also without stock , especially for the AI player. YOu might need to pay a high value, or when the AI is shortly before bankrupt for a small amount --
some ideas welcome...
Ragol
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also would like to have an oppertunity to opponent companies.
Using the stockmarket seems to be an good idea. Maybe it is possible to set a date, 3 years after starting game all companies have to go to the stockmarket for example.

Greets

Ragol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: