Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AGAIN: You Have Made Contact To The Quay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Sim3D II Discussion & Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparky
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: AGAIN: You Have Made Contact To The Quay Reply with quote

Who's fooling me? The F3-chart shows everything ok - the message reveals I'm a dilettante and a poor navigator.

You Have Made Contact To The Quay

By Sparky

Location probably Manila (substitute for Mobile), I don't remember - port's name is still not available on the screen.
Ship is the Adelaide Star.

Guess I will stop using the master mode until the bugs are caught and killed - feeling very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Sparky on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what was the sequence before this, the missing town name indicates maybe the problem,
it would be great if you can reproduce it and tell me a sequence how to come to this problem, if I can reproduce it I can remove the problem.

you used pocxxl with expert setting, can you can a saved game on this so I can use it,
or did you use the training modus ?
Sparky
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I switched over from pocxxl to enter Mobile (tug strike). The substitute harbour was Manila (just checked it), it was night time with star light in the sky. I moved the vessel near the berth, then switched to the F3-Chart (the small radar screen is not accurate enough for the final berthing). I continued to approach the berth for another couple of minutes and then the message appeared. I stopped the simulation and made the screen shot (the message could not be frozen, it disappeared automatically after some time).

I noticed nothing unusual, maneuvered very carefully with the slowest speed possible.

I've send you the game (auto_hamburg-8.pXs), the ship "Sea Angel" (type Eurobulker) leaves New York for Mobile. I hope you can reproduce the situation.

You know this is not the first time it happens to me. I wonder if it occurred to other gamers as well.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The substitute harbour was Manila (just checked it)
It might have to do with the substitute harbour that means the addon system.
As we dont hava a dataset for "mobil", but the system searches according to a fuzzy search so the next similar sounding habour is used.

I will have a look at the Manila port also ...
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be reproduced -- there is a tiny invisible harbour line -- I will check the definition files for this. At this position is the start and end of the harbour line,
might be a special case also affecting other harbours and explains soem of teh reports in the past we got.
Sparky
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good !!!
I'm relieved to hear that Very Happy
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem is found, the line intersect module was the cause
on an endpoint x1=x2 and y1=y2 and when this is intersected with a line of the ship the angle is undefined, e.g. collision possible
that means all start pöoint of harbours which are endpoints and a ship might intersect with the point if in that area. like in the above example the corner of the harbour is such a special case, teh collision might occur if the ship rectangular area is the the region of the corner und some specila cases of course only.
--
will be fixed in 1.63 version. I can send an early link for testing soon to sparky also which replaces the exe file
--
I also upgraded to visual studio 2008 (so far was 2003 used), we need to do some install tests also then.
Sparky
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can send an early link for testing soon to sparky

thanks - I am game ... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Sim3D II Discussion & Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: