Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some Suggestions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hattusas
PoC Regular
Platinum Licensee
PoC Regular<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Some Suggestions... Reply with quote

RDK and friends
I do believe that will make the game even look nicer.

1. While entering or leaving a harbor ( manually of course) there could be a speed penalty fine. I sometimes make 30 knots while passing narrow sides of Adelaide. Like a sports vessel Very Happy. I do believe it could be done by adding a tag in the town0.xml file.

2. When we are about to crash into reefes or in the harbor we can escape from it by giving up. To prevent this, "give up" option could be only active when the ships is stopped.That will make the game more realistic..

3. We must hire ships and also it would be nice if we could rent our own ships.

4. This is the problem I always meet.Here is the situation. I have many ships (130 at the moment) and always register freights.While handling these freights I look up from the ship positions list ( when I am in the harbor screen) and it helps me which one of ships are suitable for that selected cargo. But when I have many ships it is not so useful;I have to check them one by one.Could any popup window be attached with search criterias(ship type, location , etc ) ??In that way I can maximize my profit easily.

Thank you. Rolling Eyes
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, yes thats some nice ideas I will put them on our todo list,
for the last we have some ideas also using some strategie functions for example as pick freight with ... rate etc. (like in our AI).. but I am still thinking loud Idea
Hattusas
PoC Regular
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great Smile
corne_mo
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For point 4, I think the idea about the link reserved freights to ships box is a good idea too. It's mentioned a long time ago, but I want to repeat it here. When you reserve a freight, it should be possible to directly add a ship to the specific freight.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes agree.
Hattusas
PoC Regular
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corne_mo wrote:
For point 4, I think the idea about the link reserved freights to ships box is a good idea too. It's mentioned a long time ago, but I want to repeat it here. When you reserve a freight, it should be possible to directly add a ship to the specific freight.

Good idea.. I have more than 3.000.000 tons reserved freights and trying to handle them.
Business is hard you know. Razz
Trynnn
PoC Regular
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As to point 4, I think such an option would take away some of the charm with the game.
Manually searching the ports for the best cargoes should be the correct way to play. I think that is more realistic, compared to real life! Cause, is there in real life a worldwide database with all tramp cargoes? Where u can just specify the limits and let a computer do the job? No!

Actually just having that option for real, would increase the flow of information amongst suppliers, buyers, shipping companies, etc.
The rates would drop rapidly if such was possible, due to the new level of full information amongst all participants.

But, I agree to the idea of assigning specific ships to specific cargoes and vica versa. That would make fleet management a little easier.
I could save the 20 million penalty for the high price cargo that I forgot to pick up, just because the ship i planned to assign it for discovered another good cargo at its destination port, forgetting all about the one nearby, which I reserved... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hattusas
PoC Regular
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any updates on this issues?

Many thanx!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: