Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

POC needs some sort of an editor-type person....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RisKFactoR
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: POC needs some sort of an editor-type person.... Reply with quote

ok, first off, I just found out about POC only like 2 weeks ago, and have been fooling around with it. Never heard of the game before, but just happened to have stumbled across it on the net looking for a new, different, tycoon-type of game. This game really intrigued me.

I also admit that I did find a utility that gets around the license thing. I currently have an illegal copy of a license, in which I fully intend to pay a real, legal, copy in the near future. (I completely apologise, it's just that, 1 hour of free play time was not enough to discover all that the game has to offer, and didn't feel like shelling out $60 USD for the game before finding out what it actually IS like. If I didn't like it at all, I would eventually uninstall the illegal game, and forget about it. But since I like it, and actually am playing it quite a bit, I will purchase a real copy of the game with my very next pay check.

Now, I am an American currently in college to become a high school teacher. As such, I have noticed such glaring English grammatical errors both on the web site, and in the manual.

If the POC devs want, I can do a bit of editing for you via email, or right here on the forums, however you wish, free-of-charge, in my spare time. Mostly, I would do this simply because I did find a way to hack a serial code for the Platinum version, and would like to repay my debt in offering my services for free.

Again, I apologise. However, in the future, I would recommend to make the full version demo available for maybe two whole weeks, instead of just an hour, especially if you charge $50 USD for the game, and another $10 for some sort of processing fee or whatever that was. I also believe that if you were to correct all those horrible grammar errors on your web site, and in the manual, you may be able to generate more interest across the pond here in America. I was nearly completely turned off from the game just because of the grammar, but then saw the .de URL extension and decided to give it a chance. I'm glad I did.

So anyway, if you want me to work on that for you, just email me: nihilianth@gmail.com. I would be more than happy to assist you in that area, since English is most definitely not your first language. Wink
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1 hour of free play time was not enough to discover all that the game has to offer
You can start the game with 1 hour over and over, if I enabled it for two weeks playing what would happen ???? ---this means 2 weeks playing time (with8 hours a day 6 weeks testing time or with4 hours these are 12 weeks !!!!!!) --- to play pocxxl with unlimited time this cost ONLY 10 EURO !! much less than any of the other games aound. -- and for 40 euro its a lifetime update game (even the gold license can be upgraded to the platinum by difference) -- something I have to give up very shorty also because I cannot afford serving the game lifetime without getting new money !!!! And if you discover ALL OF THE GAME, why would you buy it afterwards ? Maybe for the updates coming or should they also reset the test time ????

If somebody really want to TEST the game for publishing purpose for example, he can get a timed license from us of course.

Of course corrections in text are welcome, but we have here lot of people doing language translations by volunteer base which I thank a lot.
The manual will get an update soon, so wait for this we work on it.
Nerby
PoC Veteran
Gold Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: POC needs some sort of an editor-type person.... Reply with quote

RisKFactoR wrote:
I currently have an illegal copy of a license, in which I fully intend to pay a real, legal, copy in the near future.

RisKFactoR, there's no apology that can excuse what you are writing. I agree with RDK that if testing the game in 1-hour chunks is not enough for you, with just 10EUR you can buy a license. If you really intend to buy the license, it would have been much better to do that BEFORE posting. Why did you urge to offer yourself as an editor so much? I don't see such a hurry.

BTW, this forum is about the game, not about English. The posters know the language at various levels, but we are and have always been able to understand each other, regardless of the "quality" of English. I have never felt the need for an editor.

I really hope your next post will show the fact that you bought the license.

Regards,

Nerby
ricardo
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: P O C: NO NEED FOR ANY EDITOR Reply with quote

I agree with NERBY & RDK that this forum is not about English.
RDK is very lenient about allowing "owners of illegal copies" to write on this forum. I challenge you to obtain a legal license and then you have the full right to to talk and critisize about the relevent topics.
We would like to have you as a HAPPY POC-member with a valid license.
English is not my 1st language but each and every one excepts each other as we all have 1 thing in common and that is the POC-program/game just what you feel like calling it.
Have a nice day and THANK YOU to all that have a VALID LICENSE

Ricardo.
Christian Todt
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with all speakers before!!
the one who wants to play poc can buy a license!
maybe rdk should implement a way to prevent poc from being
played with a hacked license.

CT
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
prevent poc from being played with a hacked license.

yes we constantly update the disable lists -- ( I can see the hacked ones after online contacts with our server) - buts always time consuming - instead I want to spend more time into programming the game -- on the other side I am forced to do more on the licensing then the also the further existence of POC depends on the funding. Very bad thing.
If I change the algorithm I have to reissue all licenses, which is also a horror as we still update the very old licenses to the current ones and answer lots of mails due to this.

Poc 2008 deluxe also suffered from this "hacking - stealing - as there is no copyprot due to the publisher requirments", after 8000 accesses from a turkish server to my intro video I blocked this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: