Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FrancisBrake Ships
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL User Made Ports, Goods, Vessels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Novex
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

Location: Somewhere between Rotterdam and Antwerp - the Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Manni,

I’ve tried your self-drawn vessel and I must say that I really like them. The parameters seem to be ok and they fill in a few gaps in the original game vessel list. I have two remarks.

First > Your vessel classes have different scales for the original vessel (1 pixel = 0,90m). Especially your bulkers appear lager in the game than others. Second> IMO the container stacks one some container vessels are too far apart for each other compared to the real world. 5 pixels is around 4/5 meters.

Can you check or perhaps alter this?!? If so then perhaps RDK could hire you to redraw all originally in game vessels. Some of those are pathetic at this moment.

Cheers, Novex
FrancisBrake
PoC Veteran
Gold Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Novex,

(I´am used Google- Translater, and corrected a lot of them. Sorry, my english is too bad. Hope, you can understand it.)

I am pleased, of course, whenever someone is interested in my ships, so I made them so accessible to everyone.

It is true that I use different scales. There are 3 different ones. Container vessels comply with the PoC standard, the tankers are a bit smaller, so that even the largest carriers fit into the small window, the general cargo vessel, however a little higher, because otherwise some of the ships would be barely recognizable. The ships of one a category have always the same scale. So I will not change, moreover, an attempt was made this is the quality loss too great.

I do not think I have made in the arrangement of the containers a fundamental flaw, the ship is to scale, the containers are to scale, it is the correct number of rows of containers available. If the splitter would not open, which was compensated for containers, not in the intervals, because there were less noticeable. If you look closely, the distances with increasing year of small, but it is always the real number of rows of containers on board. Compare this series with the images of the "Hamburg Express", or their sister, "Tokyo Express", on the forecastle 9 rows 40ft, on the aft 5 rows.

http://www.fish-n-ships.de/infos/Tokio_Express.jpg

http://www.arbeitskreis-historischer-schiffbau.de/ontour/jhv/jhv2006/a47g.jpg

Well, the original PoC ships - half as many would have done it well - that's in better quality. But this gives us freeware hobbyists indeed room to make it better. If RDK were planning to improve, he would have done it long ago. But there should be no illusions that a well-painted ship just takes his time, I need between 4 hours to 3 days for one sideview. The photorealistic colleagues are there probably faster. Rolling Eyes

regards, Manni

--------------------------------------------

Hallo Novex,

es freut mich natürlich immer, wenn sich jemand für meine Schiffe interessiert, deshalb habe ich sie ja für alle zugänglich gemacht.

Es ist richtig, das ich unterschiedliche Maßstäbe benutze. Es sind 3 unterschiedliche. Die Containerschiffe entsprechen dem PoC- Maßstab, die Tanker sind etwas kleiner, damit auch die größten Tanker in das kleine Fenster passen, die Stückgutfrachter dagegen etwas größer, weil sonst einige Schiffe kaum erkennbar wären. Die Schiffe einer Kategorie haben aber stets den gleichen Maßstab. Das will ich auch nicht ändern, zudem, versuchte man dieses, ist der Qualitätsverlust zu groß.

Ich glaube nicht, bei der Anordnung der Container einen grundlegenden Fehler gemacht zu haben, das Schiff ist maßstäblich, die Container sind maßstäblich, es ist die richtige Anzahl von Containerreihen vorhanden. Wenn der Teiler nicht aufging, wurde das bei den Containern ausgeglichen, nicht bei den Abständen, da es dort weniger auffällt. Wenn du genau hinsiehst, werden die Abstände mit zunehmenden Baujahr kleiner, es ist aber stets die vorbildentsprechende Anzahl von Containerreihen an Bord. Vergleiche dies mit den Bildern der "Hamburg Express", oder deren Schwester "Tokio Express", auf dem Vorschiff 9 40ft reihen, auf dem Achterschiff 5 Reihen.

http://www.fish-n-ships.de/infos/Tokio_Express.jpg

http://www.arbeitskreis-historischer-schiffbau.de/ontour/jhv/jhv2006/a47g.jpg

Tja, die Original PoC Schiffe - halb so viele hätten es auch getan - dafür in besserer Qualität. Aber das gibt uns Freeware- Bastlern ja auch Raum, es besser zu machen. Wenn RDK vorhätte das zu verbessern, hätte er es längst getan. Aber es sollte sich keiner Illusionen machen, das ein gut gemaltes Schiff eben seine Zeit beansprucht, ich brauche zwischen 4 Std bis zu 3 Tagen für eine Seitenansicht. Die "photorealistischen Kollegen sind da wohl um einiges schneller. Rolling Eyes

mfg, Manni

- not more available, sry -
Novex
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

Location: Somewhere between Rotterdam and Antwerp - the Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the translator works fine, because I understand what you mean. You can always post in German, I can read that without problems as well as hearing. Speaking and writing German however is a huge problem for me. So I will always answer in English, German grammar is a bitch…

Personally I rather use one scale, however I understand your point of view on the scales between classes. Larger bulker scale, smaller tanker scale, ok. I will resize them for my personal use. Anyway I think your vessel are great, especially compared to a lot of photo edit vessel. Some of the photo vessel are great others are pathetic. It’s a side view, so I don’t want to see the bridge beam. I hope you and others can find the time to improve the vessel in game. In other words keep up the good work.

You are right about the container scale, my bad, I never checked the actual vessel spec or photos. The container are so far apart the a extra one could fit in sideways between the stacks.

Cheers, Novex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL User Made Ports, Goods, Vessels All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: