Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

St. Laurenence River and Great Lakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pipit
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: St. Laurenence River and Great Lakes Reply with quote

Hello... not certain if anyone addressed this yet, however I have noticed that canal/lock fees are not charged for passage into the Great Lakes (at Montreal, going from Lake Ontario to Lake Erie, and going from Lake Huron to Lake Superior.

Also, the locks and canals for the Welland Canal (Ontario to Erie) can only accommodate ships 740ft long and 80ft wide (also, a max height of 116 ft due to a bridge). Also, it takes about 10 hours to pass through the locks.

Would there be any patch or addition that has been/can be made for this?

Thanks!!

Danke!!

(besides 'bitte' and a few things learned from Das Boote, thats all the German I know).
Sparky
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pipit,

there are more flaws regarding the Great Lakes Shipping. Ship's size is just one, closing of the Seaway in winter season another important event, pilotage commencing at Escoumains, etc.

I started allready to collect facts but did not finish yet. My goal is to prepare a check list which can easily be converted into poc by RDK. If you know any more facts pls let me know (it is some 35 years ago since I've been on the Lakes aboard ships).
Once the new cargo system is ready it will be simple to check if a ship fits into a certain port or is able to pass canals and locks on her way.

Still busy, pls be patient ...

Regards Sparky
FrancisBrake
PoC Veteran
Gold Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Pipit and Peter ...

Quote:
closing of the Seaway in winter season another important event

What strikes me, it will be another problem. either for RDK, or for the user. Freight offers there should not be possible, or the user must verify that the seaway is opened.

In any case, Peter, yours and Tim's work is simply admirable, and often can not be praised enough. Shocked

Greetings from Manni

- not more available, sry -
Pipit
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome to hear that it is already being worked on. What information is it that you are looking for? Maybe I can be of some assistance, given that I live in the general area of the Great Lakes.

Looking forward to the results when they happen!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: