Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re-installation of POC

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frank47_1999
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Re-installation of POC Reply with quote

G'day Rolf,

Recently I had no choice but to re-format my hard drive. I didn't save my POC programme because I have the disc however just as I was about to re-instal the game I realised that it is way out of date. My version is 2002/3 - 0.99.13

Name = xx
Town = xx
sn = xx
[EDIT: RDKLEIN: its forbidden to place valid serial numbers in a thread - I removed the data !!!!! Evil or Very Mad I probably have to disable your serial number if anybody else starts using it. I counted around 14 people reading this message]

How do I go about updating?

Regards
Frank Cachia
Melbourne
Australia
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first: never ever place serial number in a thread !!! I wont accept this !!! Anybody doing this gets in danger to be banned forever Evil or Very Mad
---

second: you have to download the installer or use our update function to update to the current version.

We have three ways to update
1. full installer
2. web updater
3. updater within the program.

-
4. use the current license reg file to install the license. (we just sent it out again). When using the new reg file instead of the three lines above there is not timeout on old versions !! -- you might need to delete any old license register files in the bin directory before starting pocxxl, if you mixed them.

---
For anybody else -- before writing such threads into the public forum, please contact us by EMAIL first Exclamation
Christian Todt
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mr. Klein,

I can understand, that posting serial numbers is not ok.
But for this having been surely not intended to do harm to you,
i find parts of the message a bit harsh Wink

But to ask for another possibility.
As I noticed that some emails seem to get lost in your spamfilter
(that appers in some threads), may writing a pm here in th forum also be
a sufficient means of clarifying such problems with you?

With best regards from Suzhou,
Christian Todt
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes sorry about the harsh reaction, but when I see a complete serial number posted I get really upset - as I know Frank as a long time valuable customer I can forgive this of course - but I dont understand anybody by any reason publishing valid serial numbers -- anybody can use and spread his number now. Any you can harm me without intending to do so.

but the hints and warnings are for all others also --
--- if you publish a serial number its like illegal distributing the application -- that is something if you do it on another commercial program in another forum you get really in trouble not only by words. ??!

A pm is perfect of course to contact us.

Important is the subject, if you have POC or Ports Of Call in your suject the emails will be automatically marked and a sure not to go in any spam folder, empty subjects are always in danger on the other side -- we get hundreds of spam mails a day coming through the filters on the other side -- so difficult topic.

But lets close this topic - I dont like to see discussions about our serial number secrets...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: