Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact
 

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Version 1.0.13
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin


Joined: 06 Aug 2002
Posts: 5158
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had been some delay with problems on newer png formats -- so hope to get the update till end of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
StickyMonk
PoC Veteran
Special Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Special Licensee


Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Posts: 662
Location: South lincolnshire England

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on updates?
_________________
Cheers
Matthew

for my ships,cargo and harbors don't visit my web site as they are not there anymore
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin


Joined: 06 Aug 2002
Posts: 5158
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The delay was even larger - sorry, we will do some major changes for the setup program, I also have a certificate now, so the next release with have a signed exe file.
I plan to start a crowd funded project on a new kickstarter like platform to help supporting us with new developments (and updates).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
StickyMonk
PoC Veteran
Special Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Special Licensee


Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Posts: 662
Location: South lincolnshire England

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give us an honest answer, will POC ever be updated? will there ever be a new version of POC?
_________________
Cheers
Matthew

for my ships,cargo and harbors don't visit my web site as they are not there anymore
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nerby
PoC Veteran
Gold Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Gold Licensee


Joined: 20 Oct 2004
Posts: 70

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StickyMonk wrote:
Can you give us an honest answer, will POC ever be updated? will there ever be a new version of POC?


Not even an answer! Are we not even worth an answer?

BR

Nerby


Last edited by Nerby on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Christian Todt
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee


Joined: 21 Mar 2003
Posts: 1037
Location: Hamburg, Germany

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Klein,

it's been a while since I have been on this website the last time.
I know, the crowdfunding di not go well so far, still it is a pity,
that your wonderful game and the once active - not to say hyperactive Wink - community is somehow falling apart.

With some appreciation I recently noticed, that at least your other project went well. (the electric bricks)
So isn't there any chance to give the last version a few fixes or a small facelift? A screen of 800x600 px is a mere quarter on any up-to-date screen.

This is written with appreciation for the game that kept me spending hours
years ago but which look and play, though not its core, is quite outdated now,
given, that it was first released 13 years ago.

I - and certainly a number of other forum members also - would look forward and buy a new PoC Game if any would be upcoming.

With best regards from Hamburg,

Christian Todt
_________________
Navigare neccesse est
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nerby
PoC Veteran
Gold Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Gold Licensee


Joined: 20 Oct 2004
Posts: 70

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian Todt wrote:
Dear Mr. Klein,

A screen of 800x600 px is a mere quarter on any up-to-date screen.



I would add to have higher limits in number of add on ships (if not goods and/or harbours). My curent collection has 1185 ships from the community, without counting the redrawn ships.

Best regards,

Nerby
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zarax
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Unlicensed


Joined: 03 May 2009
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian Todt wrote:
Dear Mr. Klein,

it's been a while since I have been on this website the last time.
I know, the crowdfunding di not go well so far, still it is a pity,
that your wonderful game and the once active - not to say hyperactive Wink - community is somehow falling apart.

With some appreciation I recently noticed, that at least your other project went well. (the electric bricks)
So isn't there any chance to give the last version a few fixes or a small facelift? A screen of 800x600 px is a mere quarter on any up-to-date screen.

This is written with appreciation for the game that kept me spending hours
years ago but which look and play, though not its core, is quite outdated now,
given, that it was first released 13 years ago.

I - and certainly a number of other forum members also - would look forward and buy a new PoC Game if any would be upcoming.

With best regards from Hamburg,

Christian Todt


Sadly it seems RdKlein abandoned his own creation, I tried asking him if he considered gog.com as sales channel (and one which would give great visibility) and possibly even as source of development funds but unfortunately there was no answer.

It's a shame as this is still in many ways an pretty unique game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Releases All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group