Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How serious are you about Ports of Call?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Poll: On a scale of 1 to 10, how serious of a user do you rate yourself?
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
0 I don't have it or play it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

James708
PoC Visitor
Gold Licensee
PoC Visitor<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: How serious are you about Ports of Call? Reply with quote

I rate myself a 3. I think Ports of Call (XXL) is fun, but I am not too involved or interested in the specifics. I don't do any of the simulations, using the financial mode only. I play it only 3 or 4 times a week for a total of 2-3 hours. I do not consider myself a serious user, and only play it for light leisure. You will not dare catch me playing it on Expert, either.

What about everyone else?

P.S. Your rating should not reflect your seriousness towards the original.
Ruben
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concider a 6 as normal.
I consider my self as a interested payer who likes the game to develop futher. If I have idea's i will post them here.

Greetings,

Ruben
Robbuo
PoC Regular
Gold Licensee
PoC Regular<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey All,

depending on time I can be casual or very serious, I love the game both
XXL and org, but I play XXL only now.
Alexander
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped playing XXL. I started to play the game two years ago and I am really bothered to wait any longer for real major improvements. I even developed a complex Shipyard Model to be integrated into the game, but feedback from RDK was very low.

I will start playing again when the NEW 3D-sim is ready - whenever that will be...
Chuckie
PoC Regular
Platinum Licensee
PoC Regular<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree. I think that if they do not come out with new versions, people will not support this project anymore.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we work on the next big step, which is really timeconsuming that is the new driect 3d engine, currently we have the first results, but still takes its time,
next will be all harbours for the 2d sim, which also is very timeconsuming and the enhanced network,
sorry that it tale a while, but we need to do one step after the other with our small team, your support will really help us, so POC will improve also in the future.
Mark
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sie könnten doch auf der homepage bilder vom jetztigen entwicklungsstand laden, sowie eine fortschrittsanzeige! Dann hat man schon mal nen vorgeschmack auf das was noch kommt, und mit nen paar neuen News vergeht die Zeit des Wartens auch schneller!
Novex
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

Location: Somewhere between Rotterdam and Antwerp - the Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander wrote:
I stopped playing XXL. I started to play the game two years ago and I am really bothered to wait any longer for real major improvements. I even developed a complex Shipyard Model to be integrated into the game, but feedback from RDK was very low.

I will start playing again when the NEW 3D-sim is ready - whenever that will be...

Sadly, I have to agree on this post…
I’ve always expected that new improvements would come, however the last three months I’ve lost faith in the completion of this game and started to criticize Rolf Dieter Klein work. Therefore I also stop with all activities to improve the game; stopped drawing vessels, adding harbors and harbor pictures. New ideas are never taken seriously by the RDK team and I also stopped playing the game for a while now. I’ll come back in one month to see if there are any nice improvements to the game.

Game background and potential: 8
Current game possibilities and playability: 8
Improvements in the last two years: 4
Response on new ideas to improve the game: 0

IMO, the game is worth a 5 at the moment!

Cheers, Novex
Christian Todt
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I play PoC sometimes when i´m on my computer.
Maybe its not possibile to be happy about the status of PoC at the moment.
But i think rdk implemented the stock market last year in december!
And we shuoldn´t forget, that poc is a game in development.
RDK wrote a comment in this topic, that new features will come,
so it´s also hard for me to wait for new improvements, but not impossibile
and so i´m looking optimistic forward to new implements and hope, that
they are good. At last it´s surely ok to wait when complicating features will be implemented.

CT
Novex
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

Location: Somewhere between Rotterdam and Antwerp - the Netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to fink about the game until some months ago…

Sure the game is in development but it’s taking to long if you ask me… RDK always gives comments that he will implement certain ideas, but seldom these ideas, can be found in the updates. Also some bug take very long to be solved. Take for instance the wood/cacao switched image bug… change two file names and it’s solved so why does this have to take more then a year…

Sorry, but I stopped thinking and writing like you Christian!
mamudu
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree absolut with you "Novex" !!!!

I stoppt also playing POC, and I also stoppt looking every day in the forum.

A great game in the classic-version but RDK works the XXL-version to a never ending story with no serious information for us users.

MFG

Poc Platinum Player no 89.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry that now we had some delays but we focus on the larger parts first, then coming back to all small features,
now on the implementation list is: network - as we have to sync more, and the new 3d sim, as well as finishing all harbours, these are larger steps and take some time, i
of course we try to put bugfixes in on demand first, but wishlists must wait (or we get exactly the reverse comments as in the past, why adding new stuff till the old is complete),
I hope we can speed up things in the next time, btu wee still suffer from the past year personel problem (see extra forum - private) I had, which now gets better.
ALso some poc related projects are helping us in speeding up the poc development.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novex wrote:
Alexander wrote:

Sadly, I have to agree on this post…
I’ve always expected that new improvements would come, however the last three months I’ve lost faith in the completion of this game and started to criticize Rolf Dieter Klein work. Therefore I also stop with all activities to improve the game; stopped drawing vessels, adding harbors and harbor pictures. New ideas are never taken seriously by the RDK team and I also stopped playing the game for a while now. I’ll come back in one month to see if there are any nice improvements to the game.

Game background and potential: 8
Current game possibilities and playability: 8
Improvements in the last two years: 4
Response on new ideas to improve the game: 0

IMO, the game is worth a 5 at the moment!

Cheers, Novex

we really take all ideas serious and have a huge list here, but I have to sort them and as said before we need to implement some major parts first or we get never a 1.0 version, thos major parts are lots of work, and we have a small team only, but to give a rough time idea: I hope to have the network stuff done in the net 2-3 months in parallel we develop the new 3d engine, which I use for some other projects also (or I never get the funding for this), it looks rather good now, and hope we have a version out in about 5 month --these are really though parts, after thsi we will speed up all feature request, and I will try to work on some smaller things inbetween, but this alwys will delay the development of the major steps. The stock market costs us lost of they last year and the 2d engine as you know,
with a team of 20 people we would have this done much faster, but we dont have that much and also rely on the volunteer work, but currently w also have to fight against the spreading serial numbers and things like selling on ebay (which we stopped for the moment), this costs us time and money which is better used for development, but this is a general problem also.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novex wrote:
I used to fink about the game until some months ago…

Sure the game is in development but it’s taking to long if you ask me… RDK always gives comments that he will implement certain ideas, but seldom these ideas, can be found in the updates. Also some bug take very long to be solved. Take for instance the wood/cacao switched image bug… change two file names and it’s solved so why does this have to take more then a year…

Sorry, but I stopped thinking and writing like you Christian!

all images are on the list to be changed with new grafic on which we also work,

also if I see a message in the forum as cacao/woodswap I must first check why this is a fault, or is it a fualt in the database, in the program or where does it come, from, is it wrong only in one dispace or more, so a quick patch might result in other faults, thats why sometimes obvious things are delayed for a change, because in total such a change costs about 1-5 hours work with all checking etc.

in this case I will swap the names as sugested, but we have to carefully trace this in the future, as a update from our grafic people will restore the fault, changing the xml files is not possible as this will change saved games

also changed must be the installer script, as otherwise an update will not update the change (just as to say its not just changing the names and not allways a simple process).
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mamudu wrote:
Yes I agree absolut with you "Novex" !!!!

I stoppt also playing POC, and I also stoppt looking every day in the forum.

A great game in the classic-version but RDK works the XXL-version to a never ending story with no serious information for us users.

MFG

dont forget you have a LIFETIME right to update, we will hope to have plenty of things coming up in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: