Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the liferaft rescue too difficult?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is the liferaft rescue too difficult?
Yes
89%
 89%  [ 25 ]
No
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

Geir Atle
PoC Frequent Visitor
Platinum Licensee
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Is the liferaft rescue too difficult? Reply with quote

The liferaft rescue seems close to impossible at the moment. I've tried RDK's suggestion of keeping the same speed/direction (+/- 10%), but have failed all 4 attempts.

What do everyone else think?

Geir Atle
Nerby
PoC Veteran
Gold Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Is the liferaft rescue too difficult? Reply with quote

Geir Atle wrote:
The liferaft rescue seems close to impossible at the moment. I've tried RDK's suggestion of keeping the same speed/direction (+/- 10%), but have failed all 4 attempts.

Indeed the few times that I have enabled 2D simulation, I found it very difficult: even when visually I could obtain a very good match in speed and angle, I failed. I think life raft speed is too high.

Cheers,

Nerby
CliffAMcL
PoC Regular
Platinum Licensee
PoC Regular<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it one time, dont know how. the raft was very slow. if i remember right, i drove from back in a different angle than the raft, crossing his way. made the speed nearly equal, after the bow passed the raft and the ways from both come closser, i steer away from the raft smooth. In the moment from contact it was a crackin sound, and i thought, damn i killed them again. But on the screen was written, u made it. Dont know if i can do that again. But if the raft is fast, i couldt´nd get it. Or i crashed it.

Greetings

Cliff
StickyMonk
PoC Veteran
Special Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Special Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure what the frequency is of this happening but I had 3 of these in 20 mins of play this lunch time! failed every time Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: