Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Add An Adventure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramorris
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Add An Adventure Reply with quote

My suggestion, I tried e-mailing it because I wanted to surprise everyone if it got adopted... Oh well. Spam filters must have got it.

Along the lines of the smugglers trying to get you to ship things, using the same basic approach:
You are approached by mercenaries in North America or Europe to take them and their equipment to a destination in Africa.

Accept or decline rules are the same. Might I suggest a fee of $1,000,000 or more to start to cover the risks, which are many.

You decline, nothing happens.

You accept. You must then redirect the ship to the new destination. If you don't, they take your ship to the new destination for you. And keep it. The insurance then offers you a settlement for the loss of your ship. IF it is recovered later, the insurance company will offer you to buy it back at the settlement price as is, or they keep it and sell it. If you buy it back, it is much the worse for wear by the mercenaries.

You take them to their destination: You get paid and leave, there is a small chance they may take your ship anyway. You're dealing with unsavory characters, after all. Same rules as above for the insurance. They stage a coup. This is viewed as either good or bad by the UN/world. If good, aid flows to the country in the form of high priced freight in great quantities. If bad, the UN places an embargo/blockade on the country, with high risk and high freight rates to the country being the result. If you run the blockade, you run the risk of having your cargo and /or ship confiscated and/or impounded. You may be able to un impound your ship for a high fee later.

I think that's everything. I have no idea how much work would be involved in something like this, But I think it would be a cool option to come up every once in a while.

Thank you for your consideration.
ramorris
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No comments at all?

Anybody?
CatD399
PoC Veteran
Gold Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be interesting, although it deviates a bit more from the essence of poc...

2005 Update: the Cummins V12-525M takes the crown...what a piece of junk!!!
ramorris
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the "handy little case" and the "boxes of firearms" the "chest" are right in line.

Run dddd and firearms, and get robbed by pirates. How does it deviate?
ramorris
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone is interested in this now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: