Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Work On The New Ports And Add-On-Ships

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Sim3D II Discussion & Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparky
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Good Work On The New Ports And Add-On-Ships Reply with quote

Just made a trail run into Cuxhaven and I am very delighted about the new appearance of the port (rev. 1.62). In combination with the new add-on ship area this is a fantastic 3d-impression.

I believe there is a little bit spray along the waterline when the ship moves (or did I have a dream?), that makes the ship more alive. And a step to even more perfection would be spray around the bow and more spray at the stern around the propeller(s), subject to the ship's speed.

And I noticed, that the MS Train's engine (here the CHIOS) has a hickup - the exhaust from the funnel pauses rhythmically at any speed.

corne_mo wrote:
Quote:
With mirror, shadow and spray disabled, toggled full screen, and all weather set to as easy as possible (no rain etc), I get a refresh rate of between 5 and 8 fps. In the previous version I had about 7 or 8 with all option on. If I do that now I have a refresh rate of approx 2 or 3 fps.

It cannot be fun to play the game with this performance. Luckily I have no problems with the fps-rate in the upgraded harbours, still between 110 and 125 fps (no snow or rain). My graphic is a nVidia GeForce 8800 GTX - not the fastest on the market anymore but obviously still going strong Very Happy
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes spray along the propellers will be one of the next things,

I have to check the exhaust, its a known problem with the total number of particles (for fast machines they might be to fast used of...).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Sim3D II Discussion & Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: