Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Ship Tool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL User Made Ports, Goods, Vessels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PzKenny
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Custom Ship Tool Reply with quote

I was wondering if somebody with some programming knowledge could make a program that converts the XML-files with the ship info into a CSV-file.

The reason I want this is to be able to import all my custom (and default) ships into Excel or even better Access.

If somebody can make an Access-database with this ability it would be even better. Could also be handy for all those people making custom ships to keep track of the data and if you could export the data back to an XML-file POCXXL recognizes it would be perfect to update the XML-files.

Unfortunatly I do not have the knowledge to create this myself, so I though I ask here at the forum.

Regards,

PzKenny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: -- post deleted -- Reply with quote

-- post deleted --

Last edited by Guest on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
PzKenny
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedEvil

How did you create that list? I have tried to read the XML-files in serveral programs, but none recognized it as a proper XML-file.

PzKenny
PzKenny
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedEvil

I have figured it out. Thanks for steering me in the right direction. Seems you are not that evil as you look Wink.

The problem is that most of my custom ships contain error which I need to fix first.

PzKenny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: -- post deleted -- Reply with quote

-- post deleted --
PzKenny
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedEvil,

Care to share that db with me (us). Saves me a hope work creating my own version.

Currently I use Excel to create a list with all ships and calculate an efficiency so I know which ship is best. But it would be nice to have a tool which can also write the data back to XML.

Atleast I have now the ability to import all ships into Excel, so that saves me lots of time Smile.

Thnx again for you help RedEvil.

PzKenny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: -- post deleted -- Reply with quote

-- post deleted --
PzKenny
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedEvil,

No problem, I am not even sure I am going to use Access. Excel now works great, although it is getting a little slow recalculating the data. Importing the data was my biggest problem, but I have fixed that. Even learned a few things about XML-files and standards.

Thnx for you help again.

PzKenny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL User Made Ports, Goods, Vessels All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: