Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Posible to unload cargo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eris
PoC Regular
Platinum Licensee
PoC Regular<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Posible to unload cargo Reply with quote

It would be a great idea to make it posible to onload cargo at a destination. For example you sail with 1 big vessel from China to Rotterdam. Then unload it and bring the cargo with multiple smaller ships to North Afrika, Baltic, UK / Atlantic coasts.

By this way you are able to improve the costs of all your ships because you don't need to spend the full 3 or 4 days in port because the ship is to big for quick Discarghing and Loading. You can go then with a smaller vesel to deliver the small parcels of cargo.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, and we plan that you might buy some space at the harbours to allow it which or pay some storage fee.
Novex
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

Location: Somewhere between Rotterdam and Antwerp - the Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So instead of using a big vessel to bounce trough multiple ports unloading and/or loading, you suggest to bring all good loads from or to surrounding ports. It will save time for the large vessel as bouncing trough ports is time consuming. The large vessel will have a higher yield over time and we can assume it will always be fully loaded. Ok, it will bring more element to the game so I’m with you, I think it’s a good idea. I agree with RDK that a some sort of penalty is in place as in storage fee or something…

Cheers, Novex
Eris
PoC Regular
Platinum Licensee
PoC Regular<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novex that you hire a place is quite normal, That does Mearsk and all other shipping company's over the world and for me it is not a problem but it is to terrible to go back with slots open of your container ship and because the small amount of profit.

Maybe a nice addition it to create draught restrictions in to some ports. For Antwerp it will be 13 meters. Rotterdam 20 meters and you can continu like this way. The only problems is the there is not a very clear valid source you can find.
Novex
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

Location: Somewhere between Rotterdam and Antwerp - the Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eris wrote:
Maybe a nice addition it to create draught restrictions in to some ports. For Antwerp it will be 13 meters. Rotterdam 20 meters and you can continu like this way. The only problems is the there is not a very clear valid source you can find.

Yep, now that's an even better idea Exclamation
For instance the Emma Mærsk series is not able to call all ports in real world.
Arie Zwart
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is requested a long time ago.
And i think it's on RDK to do list also.

rgrds.
Arie Zwart.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its already in the game, the only drawback is confusion of beginners, so I waited for this. currently the harbous have always a large berth for this case in size of the jahre viking -- a special expert modus liek a switch for real shp dimension etc.
Important we also need to add thetime dependant feature than, as some harbours have been expanded over the years and thegame has a long range.
I would lie to enable both, but then we need a table for all harbours and time dependant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: