Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bug with controls with largest ship

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Ports Of Call for iPhone and iPod touch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nanders
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Bug with controls with largest ship Reply with quote

Once you worked you way up to the largest ship, the control buttons at the bottom of the screen doesn't work!

The buttons control the bow thruster instead of the rudder. And there should also be buttons for the bow thruster separately.

The '0' button does centre both the bow thruster and the rudder at once, but still the ship is almost uncontrollable.

(iPhone 3G running os 3.1)
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check it, I thought thebow comes to the left and right rudder control and the rudder midel buttons are kept.
YOu can also use the large view and then the line to control the bow trhuster meanwhile.

Maybe I add a feature using a multitouch to have them seperated again.
nanders
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now figured out how the controls work. And it is actually usable, although a little confusing.

The p++ and s++ buttons control the bow thruster, and the port and stbd buttons control the rudder.

I used the ++ button always, as I found this easiest. And in the smaller ships this just gives you the max. rudder to either side.

Now I am controlling the biggest ship with no problem. And it is as if the Amiga was never sold Smile Thanks for a great iPhone conversion.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will probably rename the s++ ... when this modus is active that might help.
jmstorvig
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Controls Reply with quote

I can not control my ships at all, it seems the time expires before I can do anything.
Exept in the radar-mode, there everything works ok.

In/out of port, reefs, rafts, icebergs etc, they all time out instanly, leaving a message like this "We haven't got all day. You are blocking the fairway! Atug tows you to safe waters. Charges: Million $ 0.2"

Very frustrating...
Good game though, havent played this in years (I am 40 now) but it is still amazingly addictive.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need more infos on the case. OS, version mode...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Ports Of Call for iPhone and iPod touch All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: