Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Licenses / Updates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Winter
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Licenses / Updates Reply with quote

I bought a PoC XXL Gold License for only 10,00 Euro and I was satisfied that the whole order processing (placing the order, getting a confirmation, installing the game etc.) could be made via Intranet very easily.

The economic simulation of PoC XXL is excellent, but of course there is still some room for improvement. I would like to buy updates but I’m not interessted in Sim3d and Sim3dll. Moreover I would like to know before buying an update which new features are included. Therefore the PoC XXL Platinum License seems not to be the right choice for me.

Please let me know if an update for PoC XXL Gold can be offered in the near future.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your poc xxl license is stil valid for the new versions
Peter Winter
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, thanks for the prompt and clear reply.

As customer I’m of course glad to learn that my POC XXL license will still be valid for new versions.

On the other hand I take from the articles in the forum that the players have a lot of good ideas for new features and I’m sure that the realisation is depending from the amount of money which is available for the programming. Good work should be paid adequately. May be it’s a good idea that customer pay for updates or usefull addons in order to increase the income and to speed up the programming of new features as result.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes we really need funding.
Munsman
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

You could consider to buy the platinum license. That way you sponsor the development of the game. I did the same. I'm not very interested in the 3D simulations but the economical game I find excellent! So I first bought the gold-license, and later upgraded it to platinum (by paying the difference between the two licenses).

Good luck!
Peter Winter
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The company of Mr. Rolf-Dieter Klein cannot be considered as nonprofit organisation. Therefore I do not want to sponsor it with money but I’m prepared to pay an adequate price for new tools/features supporting the economic simulation and the 2D ship simulation.

My idea is that small upgrades and new versions (e.g. PoC XXL 2, 3, 4 etc.) are offered in shorter intervals and customers have to pay for it. A part of the income can then be used again to develop new features. With other words: I bought PoC Classic in 2009, some time later I bought the Gold License for PoC XXL and I will buy e.g. PoC XXL 2 as soon as an appropriate offer is available. However, I will not pay for the Platinum License because I’m not interested in a 3D ship simulation.
anthonyvdv
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Lincence Reply with quote

Hello all

Once I got a taste of POC I immediatly bought the Platinum licence. This is allready quite some years ago.

This is an excellent game and I only play the Poc XXL as this is the type of game I like to play.

All the other features I never use. The price they ask for a Platinum licence is cheap compared to many other games and its for life.

So considering all, I think we can not complain.

This is a TOP simulation game and most of us LOVE it

What I would like to see is a few simple extra's like a good map with all the ports, an area with complete zip files of all USER ADDON files, so we don't need to go search all over the internet for this and that file. Because I would like to have ALL extra harbours, goods, ships that some of the best POC players have made.

ps: THANKS TO THE PEOPLE WHO DO THE EFFORT TO MAKE ALL THESE ADDONS

With kind regards
Anthony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: