Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Android version 1.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Ports Of Call for Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANDROID Ports Of Call is on the Market now -- might take some hours to become visible --

LINK:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rdklein.portsofcall
StickyMonk
PoC Veteran
Special Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Special Licensee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no exit button, only way I can find to exit is hit the home button on the phone

for my ships,cargo and harbors don't visit my web site as they are not there anymore
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is exactly according to the Android SDK rules** I cannot provide a kill application button is forbiddden to kill the App -- the app pauses in memory when home is pressed (or task switch occurs or a phone call) and is killed only by the system when memory gets low automatically - this is according the android rules. The App does not consume CPU time in this state

But to restart a game you can go to the MENU use the NEW item to start a new game.
I might provide a button to start the app from the first screen (language selection) instead of the gameloop.

** endless disucssion where in the android developer forum about this restrictions. Killing an app leads to instable systems so I cannot exit only pause the app -- - maybe something changes in the future on this issue.
MrPotter
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to play PoC on my galaxy tab without the amiga emulator Smile But how is it possible to change the language? When I first started the app I clicked on START but overlooked that this screen was there to set up the language :\

Little suggestion to the exit strategy. Many users expect a close button cause they know this functionality from other android apps. I think this button doesn't need to kill the whole app-process. Instead you should insert a button which does the same as the home button...
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes in the case you missed the first screen, you can exit the app via app manager and restart then POC then the screen will come again -- there use the arrows for a language selection.
I will have an update ready very soon, with an extra option menue (allows a exit app like the home key) the menu will allow for a language changing during the gameplay and setting speaker options (volume etc.), selecting a 4:3 aspect for wide display and some more.
Zarax
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rdklein, have you ever considered a Windows Phone port as well?
With the upcoming Windows 8 it should be pretty easy to re-use the code on different platforms...
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up to now, the problem was that windows phone only work with C# and not C or C++, so thats really difficult to port, but maybe windows 8 has changed the development system ?? to alow C++ ?
Zarax
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK MS released a few tools to help with porting so it might be worth another look...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Ports Of Call for Android All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: