Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the game to easy ? (money)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

To easy ?
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 19 ]
No
45%
 45%  [ 16 ]
Who cares ? I'm a cheater
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 35

thoreson9
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdklein wrote:
yes it is implemented, but we have to think on the user interface (ship s can be included by adding to the ship.xml but we need a way to do it nice also for adding images thats possible, and the 3d part already is dynamically also.

Rolf,
I tried once to add a new ship, and it didn't appear at KARA, even in the year it was supposed to. Did I do something wrong?

Also, when you make a new beta version, the file is overwritten and goes back to the way it was, so you have to make your own ships all over again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
/\LPH/\
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if you change the ship price instead of the freight rates, it would be more realistic. I can buy a two year old 450 m ship for 50 million, and sometime drive cargo worth 500.000 dollar. So maybe if the ship cost 300 million dollars people wouldnt be able to by for example 10 heavy duty at one time. And maybe it would look a little weired if i have a jahre viking and get 1.000.000 dollar for transporting a full ship load 15.000 miles.

Probleme die daraus entstehen können nicht mit der gleichen Denkweise gelöst werden

-Einstein-
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes indeed we will increas the ship prices up more to the real one, we still keep checking ship prices, for new and used, buts very hard to get real data.
lmfdabo
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if you are going to use the real price for the ships, then you have to use the real price for the cargos and fuel also. I think you will only paint yourself in to a corner to get everything as lifelike as possible.

I think it could be easier to have some sort of relation between the prices on the cargo and the ships. Because it wouldn't matter if a ship would cost $500 or $5 000 000 if the cargos would have the same range. Example: if the ship cost $500 the cargo could be wort $100 to transport, but if the ship costs $5 000 000 the same cargo would be worth $1 000 000 to transport. This is just an example.

You don't have to have real life prices because the ships may get the wrong price relation to each other, but this is your decision.

It could be nice with real life prices but be carefull not to ruin the game.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will carefully move them to real if possible (why shoudl we use 12.34 EUR for a cargo ship ???)
/\LPH/\
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on the ratio.

But it just feels better if you just earned
20.000.000 $$ instead of 200.000 $$ Laughing Laughing

Probleme die daraus entstehen können nicht mit der gleichen Denkweise gelöst werden

-Einstein-
lmfdabo
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true, my example was just to show that it doesn't matter what the ship costs as long as it's compareble to the cargos and other costs.

But as you say it's more realistik to have the ship costing $20 million instead of $200 000. Or what the ships now costs today (hardly $20 mill though).
harisson
PoC Regular
Gold Licensee
PoC Regular<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: game too easy?? money suggestion Reply with quote

game is not to hard to play, you have to follow some basic common sense and have a bit of luck (as always) and it 's not to hard to make it big.

thinking how to complicate things a little bit more: in starting money (5 mil$ and some change) 5 mil should be stated as a credit that you pick up at bank and can't get a new one until this one is fully repaid. that should slow game a little bit and make it a bit harder to be a billionare in 2 years.

your comments???

regards.
Jabby
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with Harisson, your starting money should be a loan/credit from the bank and you have to pay interest over it. Only I would suggest that if your status and your total assets are high enough you surely can raise this loan/credit.
And since this topic is is the game to easy maybe it's an idea to lower the loan/credit amount whether you start in beginner mode or expert mode

Comments please!
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that sounds interesting
harisson
PoC Regular
Gold Licensee
PoC Regular<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

o.k. i was a bit too restrict about getting additional credits. it really should depend on your status and progress in the game. and i'm pretty sure that bank wouldn't give me any credit at status 3-10 with existing 5mil credit.

Jabby wrote:
I totally agree with Harisson, your starting money should be a loan/credit from the bank and you have to pay interest over it. Only I would suggest that if your status and your total assets are high enough you surely can raise this loan/credit.

Comments please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: