Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On-line Stock market

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think?
Yeas
76%
 76%  [ 10 ]
No
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Høgni
PoC Frequent Visitor
Platinum Licensee
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: On-line Stock market Reply with quote

Hello, fellas. Wouldn't it be great too have a on-line stockmarket?
A stockmarket where you can by stocks from other players company!
The biggest amount i have ever made in the stockmarket is about one million, when I had bought more and more stocks every day, and then let it grow. In total I spent 10 million$ to gain 1 million$. And then you have to by more and more stocks every day too gain more money.

When your company is worth about 1 billion$ and you have 20 of the most expensiv ships(easy and normal mode) the game runs out of fun:(

If there was a on-line stockmarket, a big company could gain money, and in the same time help little companies.

I think that this could be a lot of fun, and a great way too get some money!
corne_mo
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could also help for the stockmarket as it is already in. The more PoC players buy shares from 1 company, the more faith there is in that company, and thus the higher the stock prices.
Investing in others persons shipping companies is gonna be a little to complicated to implement I think, also cause that should be based on real-time achievements, and that's hard to handle in games.
sheik
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest problems with the stock market in PoC today is the lack of fundamentals. If you intend to add player-companies on the stock market this should be an option from the start. Listing, share float, IPO, etc, i have written about this before. This makes it possible to get in more money to the company via further share floats, this money can be used to expand and buy more ships. The finances of your company must be dependant of the stock at the market, and these finances must be available for the players of PoC. And AI must function as market maker and-or trader in order to make this work properly. To make this easy you could price the companies on following variables:
1. earning per share and price/earning
2. equity and cash flow
3. value of assets (ship prices)
4. the fluctating shipping rates
5. future beliefs in 1-4.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: