Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what type of new ship
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL User Made Ports, Goods, Vessels
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What type of new ships do you want me to do next?
Large tankers
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
small/medium tankers
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
large bulk
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
small/medium bulk
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
large container ships
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
small/medium container ships
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
liners
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
RoRo
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
NONE!!! do the damn top views!!!!!!!
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

maltonmanor
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voila - Sails!!!

Novex
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

Location: Somewhere between Rotterdam and Antwerp - the Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The picture looks nice as it is and I don't want to offend you, but I think youre picture is out of scale. The vessl in the drawing is arround 396 pixels long. I you use the official POC XXL scaling formula, 1pxl=0.91m, this would mean that this vessel would be 424meters long in real life Exclamation Question Exclamation

Cheers, Novex
maltonmanor
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, it is way out of scale and I should not have posted it, because I had not tested it yet, and it was my first effort.

Frankly, it is crap. I need to put the whole hull on her, as I only have her from the waterline up, which means on the game screen, her decks are awash. I also now see that the mask is very important. I need to redo it.

My complaint about the scale issue, is that this is a beautiful ship, but when taken down to scale, you can barely see it. I agree that I have to shrink it down some, but for my use, will continue to use a larger than scale picture. In the end, I am not sure that scale is that important in the side picture. Just imagine that you are 100 metres closer to the vessel.

But please, do not download that copy of the ship - it needs work.
Bearsie
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late, I already saved it, because it needs work. Laughing
adding an underwater hull is easy, if you have a picture of a waterline hull you simply add a few lines and fill in, just as I did on your original Very Happy
Any changes should be made before the mask is made, since it is hard to match it properly without redoingthe whole mask...
Few of my ships are to scale and I think the window in the game is too small, on top of which half of the window is water, a 3rd would be plenty and allow for more detail !
maltonmanor
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree with you more about making that window larger. It works better for the newer ships, because they don't have the detail that the older ones have. To me, Car Carriers are the ugliest of the ugly.

Are you going to fix up my little Waterloo?? I would certainly be grateful. I hope this weekend to do a couple of others. It is rather fun!!!

I do have a website, but nothing is set up. I just use it to plop down pictures for stuff I sell on Ebay. Perhaps I should look into doing up a website and starting my own shipyard.

I looked at a number of sites last night, was it your site with a couple of the old sailing ships on it??
Novex
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

Location: Somewhere between Rotterdam and Antwerp - the Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been serveral request to enlarge the vessel screen in the past. This was from the time that a lot of vessels in the game didn't even have a picture. Must be at least 2 years since this request was placed, I can't even find it on the forum anymore... I agree that if you stick to the scale that there will not be much left over from the vessel. Anyhow you may deside to use it for yourself, that's the luxary of edeting the xml files Wink

Cheers, Novex
Bearsie
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maltonmanor wrote:
Couldn't agree with you more about making that window larger. It works better for the newer ships, because they don't have the detail that the older ones have. To me, Car Carriers are the ugliest of the ugly.

Are you going to fix up my little Waterloo?? I would certainly be grateful. I hope this weekend to do a couple of others. It is rather fun!!!

I do have a website, but nothing is set up. I just use it to plop down pictures for stuff I sell on Ebay. Perhaps I should look into doing up a website and starting my own shipyard.

I looked at a number of sites last night, was it your site with a couple of the old sailing ships on it??

Given a moment I'll play with her.

Yes, sailing ships, old coasters, old freighters, offshore supply vessels, trawlers, tugs, river barges. I like to do "odd" stuff. Laughing
Of course all the ships I worked on are in the game. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL User Made Ports, Goods, Vessels All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: