Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More admin stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pocaholic
PoC Visitor
Gold Licensee
PoC Visitor<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: More admin stuff Reply with quote

Hello,
Yesterday/today i played POC for atleast 6hours, around 02.00 AM today i decided to sleep, thatīs the reason why i call myself Pocaholic...

But i was wondering if this would be in the real world i would be a lousy shipowner, you might wonder why?

My staff is not getting paid...
My boats would stay still since my staff most likely is on strike.
It would be great if there could be more admin stuff, or letīs say office work when it comes to the staff.

This could make that every shipowner can decide if they want to be tyrants or not. This could add a whole other dimension to the game.
Just imagine that you steal staff from a opponent or a setting where you can decide if you have a good chef onboard or a bad one and this of course affects on how satisfied the staff is about your command.

What doest the rest of you guyīs think?

Best regards, Mac
corne_mo
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be an idea indeed that you don't only buy boats, but also have to hire the staff. For example, you get a dutch captain which is expensive, but does a better job (less fuel and less damage) or you hire a cheap philipin captain which will result in more fuel and more damage.

All nationalities or randomly picked in this post. No racism intended whatsoever.
robinhood_1984
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would very much favour this aspect for the game.

I would love to be able to chose what flag my ship flies with costs being greater for western European flags etc and much cheaper for the typical flags of convenience and I'd like to be able to be able to chose what nationality crew I employ, with different nationalities attracting different wages and thus changing my operating costs etc.

I dont think these things would interest everyone so maybe it'd be a good idea to make them optional extras when starting a new game?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ANR
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about provisions. I know, that we not talking about alot of money,
for provisions, on each ship, but if you have alot of ships, it can be some money, in the end.
avangarde79
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANR wrote:
How about provisions. I know, that we not talking about alot of money,
for provisions, on each ship, but if you have alot of ships, it can be some money, in the end.

Surely for crew management and provision control or buy from ports will be more realistic than this module
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ANR
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have Cruise ships, in your company, and then you have to serve your passengers in the restaurents, you have to buy some extra provisions. Smile
Bearsie
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now that is all lumped in under daily expenses.
I am not sure I want to trudge down to the grocery store to check if my cooks bought their provisions well... Laughing Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: