Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the market filter, and the user add-ons...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatD399
PoC Veteran
Gold Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: the market filter, and the user add-ons... Reply with quote

hey guys,

it's been awhile since i've been around here, and am amazed at the amount of development that has gone on!!

i definately like the user add-on folder, but after scouring the net on bearsie's, stichymonk's and zootier's sites, i'll be spending more time tweaking and downloading files than i'll be playing the game......
so is there any way you can develop a simple installer program that can be loaded by anyone with files, and those files get dropped in the user add-on folder? loading the installer might be as easy as drap-and-drop into harbor, goods, ships (top view, side view, xml sub-folders) folders. To install the files in the add-on, just point the installer to the right folder.

An example: Bearsie downloads the installer, loads all his ships, goods and harbors into it, and uploads it onto his site. Everyone else downloads the file, clicks 'load', points the installer to the add-on folder and voila! Instant fleet!! If Bearsie makes another series of files, he can continue loading the installer or offer a second installer.

The market filter is very convenient, but with the probable addition of hundreds of extra harbors, shouldn't sub-sections be integrated? Like Europe for example, sub-sections could include Northern Coast, West Coast, Mediteranean, UK, etc.... Likewise eventually for North America (West, East, Gulf and Lakes).

What do you guys think?

2005 Update: the Cummins V12-525M takes the crown...what a piece of junk!!!
aries1470
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CatD399,

Hmm... most of the things you mentioned have already been discussed and mentioned in the forum and are on the to-do list. Wink

Here is a topic that answers one of your questions, about zoning. Here is the link.

I remember something being mentioned also about having ports downloaded to the game from the internet sites. Just can't find the topic at the moment, but if you search for it, you should be able to locate it. I guess that can also be implemented for goods and ships too. I know someone had done a couple of zip files for the goods and ports of Asia... all you had to do is unzip them in the appropriate folders. So easy. Now all the harbour details are in one folder, the goods have their own, and the ships their own. Nothing like the old system...
corne_mo
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea is that RDK makes a user add on website where every maker can upload his add-ons.
If you want to add these add-ons you can go to that site, select which harbours/ships/cargoes you want to download and after that they will be downloaded and auto-installed.
This is harder than it seems though cause of the link between harbours and goods. Every harbour on that website should have all possible cargoes listed, but should only add those cargoes to your personal files that you've listed in your goods folder.
CatD399
PoC Veteran
Gold Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my! my! i have been lost in the fog for quite a while then....

2005 Update: the Cummins V12-525M takes the crown...what a piece of junk!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: