Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bridge Work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Sim3D II Discussion & Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparky
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Bridge Work Reply with quote

Hi RDK,

the new screen shots are really great. I guess we are not far away from reality while steering the vessel through all these kinds of weather. Will the acoustics change according to weather (soughing of the wind, drumming of the hail on deck)?

I guess in future games we will meet more conditions forcing us to navigate the ship only by means of radar. I trained already in the night time simulation.
There are five black lines on the radar screen from center to border (any function?), but the bright beam ahead is missing. I remember that it could be switched off in real life to avoid concealing of small targets ahead. Is there a switch in the simulation I have not detected yet? If not, this feature should be added. The beam is a very valuable and helps tremendously to keep the ship to the right course.
Also missing are the bright range rings, which have to change diameter according to the displayed scale.
The engine telegraph is hard to read during night time, too dark.
The depth gauge is not working.

If this is already on your to do list, pls regard as "not written" Smile

Sparky
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes its big on the todo list, also the interiors will be redesigned, one after the other,
for the radar I also plan to add some options like we have on the 2d radar (colision detection, gps course maybe etc.),
the bridge require also urgent retouch as for example the submarine, ecranoplan. And with rain and snow we have some more work, as some of the ships dont have the shields yet needed to avoid snow in the inner part -- so we just start on this part very soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Sim3D II Discussion & Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: