Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time Trading - Bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Ports Of Call Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T-Rex
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Time Trading - Bug Reply with quote

Hello and Sorry,

my first post is a bad one Sad.
I found a stuipid bug in this game. I take always the route SanFran. -> Cape Town. Than i saw a really good trade -> electronic for 5 Mil. The time should be possible -> 33 days. So i take this trade and keep onplaying. This ship need 26 days to travel to cape town. After the Arriving i have to pay 4 Mil. for overtime. I have a delay of 8 days, cause one day i have to pay 0,5 Mil.
So i was confused but ok, maybe i made a fault.

The second time there was still a trade about 33 days by the same rout again. This time i take a pen and right down all datas. I begin the travel (in the harbor) at week 24 day 7 and arrive at cape town at 28 day 4. 4 week = 28 days + 4 days = 32 days. So i arrive 1 day earlier as the deadline is, BUT i have to pay a delay of 1,8 Mil. 0,3 Mil per day = 6 days delay time.

So i know the first time wasn't a fault by me. There must be wrong with the game.

Best regards
Thomas
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to add the time for load and unloading of the freight and the waiting time which adds to the travel time. Older ships need more time to unload the freight. So even when the ship arrives at the harbour it might have to wait at the harbour about 1 day and abotu 1-xx days for discharging (old ships dont have containers).
T-Rex
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdklein wrote:
You have to add the time for load and unloading of the freight and the waiting time which adds to the travel time. Older ships need more time to unload the freight. So even when the ship arrives at the harbour it might have to wait at the harbour about 1 day and abotu 1-xx days for discharging (old ships dont have containers).

I have consider this time!
The travel takes 26 days, thats what the game says. 26 days + 2*3 days for the load/unload in the haven = 32 days. 1 Days befor the delay -> but i have to pay 6 days for delay.

By the way, i have the gold edition, but i think that's doesn't matter.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you send me a saved game with the ship and the route just before you start (and instruction what to do as a next step).
T-Rex
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdklein wrote:
can you send me a saved game with the ship and the route just before you start (and instruction what to do as a next step).

Very difficult but i do my best. But i have to say, my holiday is over and i have not much time to play.
If i send you the correct save file, can you send me a Poc-game without so many icebergs? I have 9 ships from san-Fransisco to cape town and 60 - 80% i have to travel throuth icebergs. Very borring after a few time.
Olle P
PoC Veteran
Gold Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I play, which I do occasionally, I use the following rule of thumb for "safe" turn-around times:

Low cost ships:
20 days. 7 to load, another 7 to unload, and then the waiting time to enter port.

Used ships:
14 days. 5 at each port plus waiting time.

New ships:
8 days.

If you feel lucky you can reduce the time by a few days an risk having to pay one or two days overdue penalties.

Cheers
Olle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Ports Of Call Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: