Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harbor Traffic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hattusas
PoC Regular
Platinum Licensee
PoC Regular<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Harbor Traffic Reply with quote

I only saw in the Newyork Harbour , it looks nice when you see some other ships (tankers,liners, container ships moving in the sea) while manoeuvreing our ship into harbor or to the open sea.

Why isn't there any other harbors like New York city? Also it'd be awesome if those ships were present in other ply files.(Or is there a way to add them? )

Thanks
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some other harbours, with traffic, you can add it in a polygon path definition, which defines any of th epocxxl ships, multiplication factor and speed, also if a circle or a back and forward movemet is done and a bridge flag for cars going over bridges (while ship go under it).
I will provide some docs onths - also theharbour editor makes progress which will help
StickyMonk
PoC Veteran
Special Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Special Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harbor Editor! I like the sound of that!!!!

I am not having much luck with the getdata program that is being used by others on this forum

for my ships,cargo and harbors don't visit my web site as they are not there anymore
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes -- I just need to do a setup program and some of the abs path must be removed , then we go !
You can then use AI files for input (AI 7 export corel draw or similar) I will provide some example files to load in the programs, with the color scheme used to define the different parts. The editor does the rest as assignment of berths and ships, paths for moving objects define the objects.
It outputs the ply files directly and also a mel script (but there we must do more to be useable for pcosim3dii at the moment a plugin for maya is required -- I plan to support the use of blender 3d (free software) but thats more distant (I have to learn blender first -- the tutorials are arrived already here).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: