Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

picking up of 0 TEU not possible

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bartigol
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: picking up of 0 TEU not possible Reply with quote

I was reserving a partial freight for my 15200 tdw bulker. As you can only reserve a number of TEU I had to calculate the weight per TEU and divide my ship's capacity by it to determine the maximum reservable TEU number.

The problem was that the conversion failed somehow. The weight per TEU was like 9,99xxxxx tons and the calculated capacity of my vsl was 1520.4 TEU accordingly. So I reserved 1520 TEU. But when loading I recognized that 15203 tons were reserved and I therefore couldn't carry the whole load leaving 3 tons at the port. I cannot remember the correct figures so it might have been my fault.

However, I tried to overload my bulker - didn't work. Then berthed with one of my container vessels to pick up the 3 tons but got an error message saying something like "0 TEU is nothing and cannot be loaded therefore". So the 3 tons (0 TEU) remained in the harbor giving me a penalty of 264 $ Laughing and 5 (!) status points Evil or Very Mad ...

Now I wonder if the 3 tons of textiles couldn't have possibly been packed into one container. Also wondering why bulkers cannot be overloaded. PoC says because of unavailable space but then space is not an issue when you load bulk freights (in pocxxl).
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put it on the todo list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Bugreports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: