Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overal cargo movement questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Novex
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

Location: Somewhere between Rotterdam and Antwerp - the Netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Overal cargo movement questions Reply with quote

The default game has around 100 ports and I’ve added a few vital missing ones and a bunch of Chinese ports, which are all currently in the top 20 cargo handling ports. I have the feeling that in the line of time there is not enough cargo. And I keep ending up in Australia to take on good loads. Most action should take place between Asia, Europe and America. I have some questions regarding the cargo system:

Does the amount of cargo grow over time like the price for fuel or is it a fixed value?
>>>Some ports handle more then 4 times the amount of cargo then 20 years ago.

Can we try to bend figures so that there is more action on the Asia, Europe lines?
>>> As told I keep ending up in Australia to often if you ask me. Most action takes place in Europe and Asia. The Port of Rotterdam (yes I’m a Dutch guy) has hardly no place in POC XXL, while in real world it has more turnover a most others together.

Can we make cargo acceptance increase/decrease over time.
>>> Take for instance the fast growing cargo handlings in the Chinese ports. Port grow of reduce over time. Rotterdam was the largest in the past then overtaken by Singapore and later on by Shanghai. Bending the action in the game to different regions over time. Even more we could add ports in the time line as the same for new vessels.

Can we make a better split between bulk cargo and container loads
>>> Some ports can handle a lot of bulk cargo, others a lot of container cargo. Only a few can handle both. Or maybe this is to difficult for POC.

Cheers, Novex
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

currently the amount of freight only depends on the number of ships in the game, but good idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: