Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rio De Janeiro bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Ports Of Call Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merrexz
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Rio De Janeiro bug Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been having a wonderful nostalgia trip playing PoC Classic recently, but lately a strange bug has come up in the Rio de Janeiro port.

When leaving the harbour, upon exiting though the green arrow, I get a message that I have left charted waters and get a fine of 0.4 million. This means I effectively have to stay away from Rio de Janeiro.

The bug did not occur the first time(s) I left RdJ, but the two last times it has. I've tried leaving the harbour with both the bow and the stern first, the bug strikes each time.

Is this a known bug, and is there a way I can fix it?

-Merrexz
Happy silver user
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a known bug since 20 years ! -- which ship did you use ?
Merrexz
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

First of all, let me thank you for remaking PoC as a Windows-compatible game. I remember the old Amiga-days with fondness, and it has been so much fun playing PoC again!

Regarding the bug, I have tried to isolate it in a savegame file, but I have been unable to reliably reproduce it.

The bug has appeared when, with a large pre owned ship, I attempt to carry machinery for just above 800.000 from Rio de Janeiro to Sydney. I was today able to get the bug three times on one savegame, but now I have played the same savegame five times without seeing the bug. The only pattern I have been able to see is that the last five times, the payment for the freight was either below 800.000 or above 1.000.000 (time-limited freight). Difficulty has been Beginner (well, I haven't played this game for 15 years!).

The error message appeared when the ship completely left the screen by the green exit arrow, and reads "you have completely left the fairway", then fining me 0.4 million.

I am sorry that I haven't been able to "catch" the bug in a savegame I could send you, but I finally tired of maneuvering my ship out of the innermost docking spot in Rio de Janeiro Smile I will try to "catch" the bug some other day, and should I manage to, I will let you know.
Merrexz
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loaded up the game again, and today the bug struck at once. Is it possible for me to mail you the savegame, so that you can hopefully see the bug?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Ports Of Call Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: