Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiplayer on Lan/VPN (POC server)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikkel-t
PoC Visitor
Platinum Licensee
PoC Visitor<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Multiplayer on Lan/VPN (POC server) Reply with quote

Hallo

I have study the multiplayer function in the program. Because I want to create a multiplayer server.

I have created the server, where in the POC I put in the IP address, and the port number, and that parts work great, until I figure out, in POC the user I registered with the IP address, and not the name, so it will not be possible to make a server, there distribute the information from the master, because all the information will came from the server (same IP but different name).

I can send the program I have make but it is useless because of this little issue with the IP address

Will it be possible if I could get a beta version of POC, where it will be the name and not the IP address, there is registered in the program so I could keep going with my POC server.

The reason I want to create this program, is so I could play with another person though a VPN connection.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there had been sucessful vpn connections done with poc. Important is we use a multicast, so there is no name assignmen for this, you have to enable the multicasting via vpn (have a look into our network section) --
I will provide a program soon with the ability to connect via internet using a small program collecting the multicasts and sending them via ip.
athenaz
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the prerequisites of a Virtual Private Network? How do I actually go about installating a VPN? If I don't have a fixed IP address, can I still install a VPN? I have website via a web hosting company. To run a WAN application, do I have to install the shared files at the website?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: