Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to use POCSIM3Dii

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Sim3D II Discussion & Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt Watson
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Unable to use POCSIM3Dii Reply with quote

Everytime I go to access this via POCXXL, I get an error message which reads:- "You have tried to use POCSIM3DII which cannot be found; (it's in C/Programs/PoC/POCSIM3DII exactly where the .exe extracted it too) We use POCSIM3d instead; To use POCSIM3DII if installed it must be started at least once (which I have)."

I am playing PoCXXL in a windowed mode, would that affect it? Otherwise all my drivers are upto date and my spec should be fine, as I say PoCSIM3DII works fine as a standalone.

I have a GRAPHICS CARD ATI RADEON X600 256MB HYPE
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like the entry in the registry has a fault,
use regedit and searh for ports of call, there should be an entry for the path to pocsim3di , check this path and pocxxl will be able to find it also.
Capt Watson
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdklein wrote:
looks like the entry in the registry has a fault,
use regedit and searh for ports of call, there should be an entry for the path to pocsim3di , check this path and pocxxl will be able to find it also.

I have enteries for Classic and 3D but nothing for PoCsim3dii Rolling Eyes
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very strange,when you start pocsim3dii the first time in standalon the registry is done automatically,
you need to start in admin modus !
Capt Watson
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am set up as an Admin, so what more can I do? I've installed this part 3 times now and re-downloaded it twice. It looks great and I enjoy playing it as a stand-alone training program, but at the moment I think I will give up. I'm constantly having to go back to the 3D sim, in the actual game itself, which has just the one dock layout, to play over and over again.

I bought this game 3 days ago, after years ago playing it on my cousins Amiga in Hamburg when I was a child, seeing all the updates, I paid a fair price of around £40 and eagerly look forward to playing it again. Since then I have spent all my time trying to install it to run properly. Disappointing.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really strange, Try to add the path manually,
in the Ports of Call section of the registry

PocSim3dII Path
REG_SZ
c:\programs\poc\pocsim3dii\

important is the exact spelling, and adjust the path according to you installation.
in the Ports Of Call section should be also the LicenseFile entry with the path to the poc.lic file (pocxxl should have done this already).

another entry is
PocSim3dII Multisample
not important as this is a default, but I would be interested if this is displayed ?

we can also ship a cdrom fro you, just write an emal to poc@rdklein.de (I dont think this will help in this case).
Nxaan
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had more or less the same error occuring. I searched the registry carefully, and found a bad POCSIM3DII Path record.

I changed the record so the path would be correct again, and it worked. Thanx for the solution.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mostly happens if you had pocsim3dii installed before to a different location, the new location is not overwritten -- I will probably change this in the next version
Nxaan
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More worked out solution for people where this is happening:

When POC SIM 3D II was installed (and deleted) before, POC XXL doesn't correct the reference path it added to the registry for opening POC SIM 3D II for simulations. To correct this manually in the register the following key must be changed:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ports Of Call\PocSim3dII Path

Whatever the value is, change it to the right direction. For example if you installed POC SIM 3D II in C:\Program Files\Games\pocsim3dii\ (like I did), change the value of the key into this directory.

The key must look like this (in my case):

MrViking
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K, someone's gonna have to explain this to me like I`m a computer illitterate (which I am). What registry? Where do I find it? How do I know what the path is?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Sim3D II Discussion & Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: