Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XXL 2d simulation and ports - few ideas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noble
PoC Visitor
Gold Licensee
PoC Visitor<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: XXL 2d simulation and ports - few ideas Reply with quote

Hi!

I just wanted to post few things which could be nice on game someday.

- Better "standard" harbour graphics. As better I refer filling all the grey areas with something what harbour areas usually or in reality look like. Perhaps community could help on this, some competition maybe?

- To 2d sim: some indicators under rudder and side thrusters showing to what actual direction ship/front/rear is turning or moving. If you try to move ship sideways by using only bow thruster and rudder, this info would make it much easier.

- To 2d sim: I really like to play 2d sim with hardest mode, because ship behaves more reastic on it. However the hard mode is really slow compared to arcade mode. Would it be possible to get some button with what you could accelerate time by 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x and 5x ? Would be nice in arcade mode too...

- To 2d sim: I understand the graphic limitations of this game. Because of them, it is sometimes really hard to tell is the front or rear going to hit the peer or when turning next to it. Perhaps some really small "warning" graphic could pop up on ships corner when it is about to hit something. Perhaps 1st as green, then yellow and finally red when there really isnt any room remaining. Any other similiar function would do also... For example ship icon on some corner with some numerical values.

- To 2d sim: Time limit as it was in amiga version, but maybe bigger timelimit and with some rewards related to how fast you are able to complete the simulation. In harbors perhaps this could affect to loading/unloading time (by using tug, it would always be average) and while doing some other tasks, like passing reefs or ircebergs, it could affect to the time penalty you would get from those issues.

Anyways, just some ideas... Don't take any pressure Smile
Thanks for the great game, I really love it as it is now too.
vrbehr
PoC Frequent Visitor
Gold Licensee
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this post has no answers yet but mentions some wishlist-items I would also like to see, I want to bring it back to attention:

Quote:
- To 2d sim: I really like to play 2d sim with hardest mode, because ship behaves more reastic on it. However the hard mode is really slow compared to arcade mode. Would it be possible to get some button with what you could accelerate time by 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x and 5x ? Would be nice in arcade mode too...

That is actually my topmost wishlist item. It would be great to have the acceleration in either mode.

Quote:
- To 2d sim: Time limit as it was in amiga version, but maybe bigger timelimit and with some rewards related to how fast you are able to complete the simulation.

Maybe not even a "hard" limit but a soft one that gains you additional status if you often complete with some time left.

Quote:
Thanks for the great game, I really love it as it is now too.

I fully support that! You are doing great work on PoC - it is so much fun to play!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: