Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disappearing freights upon partial reservation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vrbehr
PoC Frequent Visitor
Gold Licensee
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Disappearing freights upon partial reservation Reply with quote

When I load part of a freight the remaining quantity remains available in the port to be picked up by another vessel.

Now, if on the freight market I reserve a part of a freight the remaining quantity just disappears. It would be great if I reserved e.g. 1000 TEUs of a 2500 TEUs freight on the market to have the remaining 1500 TEUs still available as non-reserved freight (which, of course, as any non-reserved freight is not guaranteed to still be there when I try to pick it up at a later time).

This is something in-between a bug report (freights do not just disappear) and a wishlist item but I hope it would not be too hard to implement.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they should disappear when the delivery time expired.
vrbehr
PoC Frequent Visitor
Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just verified the reported behaviour:

a 787 TEU freight at Alexandria to Tokyo, 84 days delivery time, 2300 $/day penalty

On the freight market I reserved 500 TEUs. Now there is the 500 TEU reserved freight (which keeps the full (!) 2300 $/day penalty for late delivery but only the reduced reward) but the remaining 287 TEUs have completely disappeared.

I think, the penalty should be split up between the two (as is the case if you just load a partial freight) and the remaining quantity should stay availabale.

My POC XXL is the fully updated current version on Windows XP. If I can be of any assistance in tracking down the issue, please let me know.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take a look into it - I think the behavior was by intention, but I can change it to make more sense.
vrbehr
PoC Frequent Visitor
Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick response!

I really think it makes more sense for freights to behave on the freight market the same way as they do when directly loading goods (i.e. split up and the remaining part still available).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Bugreports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: