Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off course and lost among the shoals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KellyR
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Off course and lost among the shoals Reply with quote

I am a Platinum license holder and have POC Sim II set for harbor entry/exit, reefs, bergs, etc. When It says I'm off course and lost among the shoals instead of calling up the 3D simulator it gives me the 2D simulator instead. I know there is no shoals scenario in that, but it could still default to the reefs scenario.

I just can't work with that 2D simulator. Maybe if it recognized my joystick and throttle, maybe, but it doesn't.

Is there any remedy for this because I just click Give Up and pay the tug fee. Great game otherwise. I'm loving it, all but that shoals stuff anyway.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds very strange, the pocsimIII should be used when you enabled it in the option menue of the pocxxl -- also check if the path is ok -- and does it start for harbours ?
KellyR
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POC 3D Sim II works on harbor entry/exit, Icebergs and reefs. And the path is OK. Otherwise the Sim wouldn't activate during berthing/un-berthing operations, reefs and Icebergs.

I've also noticed it doesn't work when on collision course, but that is no problem at all as increasing or decreasing speed will prevent the collision. And it doesn't work with rescuing those poor souls who are shipwrecked.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that the radar collition and shipwrecked is not in 3D, but to safe the soal you need to have same speed and direction as close as possible.
KellyR
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand and can live with that. But that still doesn't address why poc3dsimII isn't being called for the shoals scenario. Any idea? Paths are correct, Use poc3DsimII is selected in options. Or do I just have to go ahead and keep accepting the tug fees?
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check for the shoals.
KellyR
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can tell, it should be using the scenario titled 'shallow 1'. That's the design in the 3D simulator that looks most like the shoals in the 2D sim, but it's not. It's just defaulting to the 2D sim. That's a hard scenario for me in the 3D. It's well nigh impossible, for me, in the 2D.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: