Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing Speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

playing speed should be enhancable via user defined:
faster fuel-up animation speed
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
faster playing speed
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
ship-blinking faster, and/or dependend to playing-speed!
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
all of them!?!
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 14

janm.l
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Playing Speed Reply with quote

Ich bin dafür, das ewige gewarte auf Animationen abzuschaffen und die Spielgeschwindigkeit dadurch zu erhöhen, daß man nicht mehr sinnlose Tätigkeiten tun muß:

Spielgeschwindigkeit
-Schiffe blinken zu lange
-das betanken dauert Ewigkeiten
-Höchstgeschwindigkeit kann ruhig von 10 auf 20 Smile erhöht werden

Beim alten POC gibt es einen Trick um dieses zu erreichen: Man wechselt einfach zu einem anderen Task und wartet ca. ein halbe Stunde, oder läßt den Rechner die Nacht durchlaufen. Dann kann man genau diese Zeit Poc spielen, ohne das POC eine Sofwarebremse fährt, sprich man schafft das doppelte in der gleichen Zeit, da man nicht mehr auf das lange betanken und die blinkenden Schiffe warten muß. All das könnte man ja auch dem Benutzer überlassen wie schnell das gehen soll!

Sinnlose Spielelemente:

-Balast
warum muß man immer den Ballast klick durchführen? Warum dauert es 2 Tage um das Schiff mit Wasser vollzupumpen?
Im Bezug auf Ballast schlage ich folgende Änderung vor:

-Entweder wird er abgeschafft,
-oder es führt zu ersthaften Konsequenzen, wenn man keinen Ballast tankt. Z.B. daß das Schiff dann eine Untergangswahrscheinlichkeit hat wie bei 25% Überlast und bei Sturm auf jeden Fall kentert wenn man nicht ausweicht.
-Auf jeden Fall muß es weniger als 2 Tage dauern Ballast zu entladen!
Ryan Giggs
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Playing Speed Reply with quote

janm.l wrote:

1 Entweder wird er abgeschafft,
2 oder es führt zu ersthaften Konsequenzen, wenn man keinen Ballast tankt. Z.B. daß das Schiff dann eine Untergangswahrscheinlichkeit hat wie bei 25% Überlast und bei Sturm auf jeden Fall kentert wenn man nicht ausweicht.
3 Auf jeden Fall muß es weniger als 2 Tage dauern Ballast zu entladen!

1 nein! das wäre unrealistisch
2 das klingt interessant
3 eigentlich ja
Federal Venture
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can somebody translate it in english for me? THX

Federal Venture
horst_machete
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Playing Speed Reply with quote

Ryan Giggs wrote:
janm.l wrote:

1 Entweder wird er abgeschafft,
2 oder es führt zu ersthaften Konsequenzen, wenn man keinen Ballast tankt. Z.B. daß das Schiff dann eine Untergangswahrscheinlichkeit hat wie bei 25% Überlast und bei Sturm auf jeden Fall kentert wenn man nicht ausweicht.
3 Auf jeden Fall muß es weniger als 2 Tage dauern Ballast zu entladen!

1 nein! das wäre unrealistisch
2 das klingt interessant
3 eigentlich ja

2 Days in the harbour for taking ballastwater is too long, says janm.l who generally wants to speed up the game. His ideas:

1. Remove! - This cannot happen, says Rian, and he is right.
2. Make ballast an not-mandatory option. In case you forget, the ship is as likely to sink as with 25% overload and will definitely capsize if sent through a storm. Sounds interesting to Rian.
I personally think forgetting Ballastwater is not an option, as there is a whole crew on board that would remind you, for their own sake. I'd rather see an automatic process that if you leave the harbor, ballast is automatically taken. That speeds the game up in the way intended, saves realism and gets ballast out of my freight menu...
3. In any case, offloading ballast should take less than the 2 days it takes now. No arguing with that, I think.

Furthermore, Janm.l thinks the ships are blinking for too long (and too slow) in case of an event, refuelling takes forever, and gamespeed might be allowed to as fast as 20, opposed to ten possible right now.(get more ships is what I'd say to that...). The middle part of his post is an old trick he used to speed things up on his old amiga, but I am too lazy to translate that in detail...

Go Bokkies!

Cheers,
Horst
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check on 3. - because it shoudl take 1/2 + 1/2 day - that was what was supposed to be programmed.-

on 2. maybe you can load the ballast with several stepsthat is full half ...? but I wont allow without ballast, you wont be able to leave the harbour in reality I think.
horst_machete
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdklein wrote:
but I wont allow without ballast, you wont be able to leave the harbour in reality I think.

Exactly. Janm.l himself posted a link to the new Panama Canal regulations after the rate rise where it reads on several pages "sufficient ballast is reqired..in order to be allowed passage.", for example.
1/2 day is reasonable, as you would also do clearance and paperwork. That can well cost you half a day.

Cheers,
Horst
janm.l
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, you are all right. But if you want to enter a harbour just to fuel up, then it takes you also some days to unload. For my vikings I would like to stop in durban without dispatching anything. But it takes some days to unload even if I do not have freight with destination durban...
Hephi
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I sometimes take multiple cargo loads and when I stop at the first port (unloading one of the cargos) and don't see any good cargos to pick up, I leave the first port not needing to load any goods, but still I have to wait for the loading time to expire.

Also when transporting only passengers I guess the same applies, passengers really don't need to be offloaded with cranes and stuff, they just walk off the ship and are gone but still you have to wait a few days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: