Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sally Maersk too small

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the capacity in POC be the official or the estimated? If the actual is not available.
Official
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Estimated
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 14

Bregalad
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Sally Maersk too small Reply with quote

Hi

It its known by many that APM's S serie are more then 6600 teu, but only a few know the how much more.

Today I read a newsbulletin saying that marketinsiders estimate that the S serie is 8000 teu purhaps more.

Should the capacity in POC be the official or the estimated?
The actual number is not available.
Canceldiet
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, could the professional sailors and related ones around here please be so kind not to use some cryptical acronyms (abbreviations) or at least plaese be so kind to explain them? There are also many non-professionals among us.

Regards,

Canceldiet
Bregalad
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

APM is the owner of Sally Maersk.
S serie are vessels like Sally Maersk, 22 in all.

And i am in textiles!
IcePep
PoC Regular
Platinum Licensee
PoC Regular<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Sally Maersk too small Reply with quote

bregalad
in your poll about ships i'm a bit surprised that an article in a danish newspaper 2003-10-07 has slipped your attetion
there itīs stated that Samsung Heavy Industries for costumer canadian shippingfim Seaspan Container Line has contracted for a containervessel to be delivered in the near future with a capacity of 9.500 TEU's
and though APM and OSS are claming that the S-serie takes 6.600 TEU's itīs no secret that unofficial numbers range up to 8.000
so iīll state that big container vessels 8.000 to 10.000 TEU's are about to come before the year 2006
but again it would be marvelous to have a wider varity of general friegther and bulk carriers for years after 1985 in POC, kindly give it a thought RDK for implementation in furture updates for this GREAT game
Bregalad
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My post was only regarding Sally Maersk, in the game and officially it can hold 6600 teu.
Other vessels i maybe larger or smaller, but since it is factual that Sally Maersk can hold more then 6600 teu then why don't RDK use a number that more likely to be true.

Sorry you completely misunderstood me.
IcePep
PoC Regular
Platinum Licensee
PoC Regular<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Sally Maersk too small Reply with quote

hi bregalad
i didnīt completely Embarassed misunderstand you, but used the opportunity to point to some trends in development,
however - imagine if it was Confused possible, that official numbers of TEU's could be "prolonged/expanded" with 20%, as long as you kept within the DWT limitations
(20% appoximatly comes by dividing 8000 with 6.600)
then a Sally could take 7920 TEU's if only within limits of DWT
could that be a idea Idea to go on with Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: