Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do YOU do?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandrake
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: What do I do Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm a 25 year old male from Bruxelles, Belgium. I've got a Master in Nuclear Physics and I'm now a PhD Student finishing his thesis.

Like a lot of people, I played POC when I was younger with the DOS version, illegally becaus I didn't know it wasn't freeware.

I have rediscovered this game one week ago and can't help to by a platinum licence to support the development of this wonderfull game!!

Very good job, RDK (and the others), just go on!!

Mandrake
sjmroest
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: And I am......, 3d models in autocad to direct x ? Reply with quote

Hello,

I'am a 18 year old student Marine Technology in Delft, near Rotterdam. I was interested in shipping since I was very young, I often take photo's of ships as you can see on my site.

I played poc classic for a long time, and now I'm supporting the development of ports of call a little by drawing ports for the XXL 2d sim (which will be in an update soon). In the near future i'll also learn to make good 3d models of ships in autocad, does anybody
know if there's a way to convert autocad files into directx models ? Because then I could use ships that I designed for the 3d sim.

Regards from Holland,

Stefan Roest
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: And I am......, 3d models in autocad to direct x ? Reply with quote

sjmroest wrote:
Hello,

I'am a 18 year old student Marine Technology in Delft, near Rotterdam. I was interested in shipping since I was very young, I often take photo's of ships as you can see on my site.

I played poc classic for a long time, and now I'm supporting the development of ports of call a little by drawing ports for the XXL 2d sim (which will be in an update soon). In the near future i'll also learn to make good 3d models of ships in autocad, does anybody
know if there's a way to convert autocad files into directx models ? Because then I could use ships that I designed for the 3d sim.

Regards from Holland,

Stefan Roest

Autocad files can bei imported into 3dsmax and then we have an exporter for pocsim3d (it does not use directx but opengl with our own format currently), but they might have to be cleaned up and textured berfore they files can be used. - We also plan some open formats, but at the moment the 3d editor for pocsim3d is in the pipeline first - so we might help directly
sanbm
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI

I´m 26 years Platoon Sargant in Roayl Dansih Army,and live in Copenhagen. Have been in the army for 4 ½ year now with a misson in Bosnia,and waiting for Kosova or Afghanistan.

I remember ports of call as a great game back then on Amiga.But what is funny,i started to search for this game 4 month ago and couldn´t remember the name of the game.( 10 years ago okay) I play alot on the internet and tryed to find out what the game was called. I have asked and search for so many hours but with no luck.and suttenly there was a person who said the golden word PORTS OF CALL,and regorniced it at once.

have now the classic version and, Platinum but have a big problem cant play the xxl,my computer fulfil all the system Requirements.Klein have been inormed about the problem and are now working on it..im seeing forward to play xxl. Just have to be content with classic version. Wink

A SALUTE TO ALL DANISH POC PLAYERS! Very Happy

Last edited by sanbm on Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Exxon Valdez
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanbm wrote:
HI

I´m 26 years Platoon Sargant in Roayl Dansih Army,and live in Copenhagen. Have been in the army for 4 ½ year now with a misson in former Bosnia,and waiting for Kosova or Afghanistan.

I remember ports of call as a great game back then on Amiga.But what is funny,i started to search for this game 4 month ago and couldn´t remember the name of the game.( 10 years ago okay) I play alot on the internet and tryed to find out what the game was called. I have asked and search for so many hours but with no luck.and suttenly there was a person who said the golden word PORTS OF CALL,and regorniced it at once.

have now the classic version and, Platinum but have a big problem cant play the xxl,my computer fulfil all the system Requirements.Klein have been inormed about the problem and are now working on it..im seeing forward to play xxl. Just have to be content with classic version. Wink

A SALUTE TO ALL DANISH POC PLAYERS! Very Happy

SKÅL!
Terje Scott
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now it is my turn to tell who I am.

I'm 24 yrs old male, working as a ship officer. My first ship was in 1997, MV Tricolor, at the moment she is touching the seabed in the English Channel. Since 97 I've been on many different ships in the same company.

Just now I am home for a vacation from my position as 2nd officer on MV Taronga/LACU5. I'll try to post a picture of her below, but I'm not really sure how to do it.

Anyway, POC is a great game! First time I played was in 87, now I play every day! That platinum licence is worth every dollar!

Mr RDK: I have many ship pictures if you need some.

Regards, Terje

I did not manage to pos pic, how to do?
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terje Scott wrote:
Well, now it is my turn to tell who I am.

I'm 24 yrs old male, working as a ship officer. My first ship was in 1997, MV Tricolor, at the moment she is touching the seabed in the English Channel. Since 97 I've been on many different ships in the same company.

Just now I am home for a vacation from my position as 2nd officer on MV Taronga/LACU5. I'll try to post a picture of her below, but I'm not really sure how to do it.

Anyway, POC is a great game! First time I played was in 87, now I play every day! That platinum licence is worth every dollar!

Mr RDK: I have many ship pictures if you need some.

Regards, Terje

I did not manage to pos pic, how to do?

yes pictures would be great, to provide a link
just send it here as plain http://....
so the picture must be on a server, or send it to me I will add it to your entry (might be best), only copyright free pictures please. (so send at poc@rdklein.de)
Loose_Torp
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't find my old nick and password anywhere so had to add a new one. Been too long since I was on the forums.

Alright, guess it's time to add my job and info to the list now as well.
I've started playing POC back in 1989 on an ancient computer I believe not many of you younger ones know about these days Smile

I'm 38 yrs of age by now and in real life serving with the Royal Netherlands Navy as a Kapitein-Luitenant-ter-Zee (Commander for you USN freaks Wink )
After serving aboard submarines, surface ships and shore installations over the years Im back ashore and involved with naval ship design and overhauls.

I'll leave it at that for now LOL
GrimReaper
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

I'm an 18 year old male from Melbourne Australia, currently half-way towards completing a degree in Paramedic Medicine.

Ports of call was one of the first games I had on my ancient Amiga back when I was still in primary school, and was very addictive.
Like most people, I'm excited to see XXL in development, and I plan on getting a license once I can lay my hands on a credit card.
Ragnar
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: And I am......, 3d models in autocad to direct x ? Reply with quote

sjmroest wrote:
Hello,

Regards from Holland,

Stefan Roest

Ik know that there is a free convertor of microsoft wich will convert 3ds models into x-file format but it runs in dos i have also one wich is running on windows and totally free although i dont know the url anymore but i have it here on my hd so i can send it you.

Should be nice if Rklein can make some convertor for this game, i also started on a new schip

Should be done in few days Wink
[/img]
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes wonderful, we can convert almost any format
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes we succeded in converting the geometry, we have to correct some minor things in the textures (should be tga), and then we can put it onlien very quickly in 1-2 days (the pocsim3d recoqnizes new ships automatically), I only have to integrate it in pocxxl so the new cargo type is used for all cargo ships.
Leopard79
PoC Frequent Visitor
Platinum Licensee
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Needing help... Reply with quote

Like I have told, I'm studying Marketing in Häme Polytechnic here in Finland. Now I have problem. I need some subject to do International Marketing research and analyze work. It will be 20-35 pages long, so not much. But, subject could be whatever I want.

Now I'm looking for you guys and ladys. If you have some idea what should be researched, give me hint! I do it with my friend and we have now one week time to choose our subject. And work must be ready 30. April 2003. So, let me know your ideas, if there is them...

E-mail: Markku.Rinne@riihimaki.hamk.fi

Thanks!

Leopard
Panos
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I am Panos and I come from Greece. I am 26 and currently working in a shipping company in Piraeus in the position of Designated Person Ashore.

I studied Shipping Management in Southampton Institute of Technology and London Guildhall University.

I am a fan of POC series and I am willing to help on every way to make this game uncompetitive.

Best regards and Good Luck
clarkedrew
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Panos,

How'd you find Southampton when you were there? I'm one of the native wildlife there you see...

Anyway, welcome to the world of POC one and all!

clarkedrew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16

Jump to: