Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lift animation, Stop button, and Charter Sizes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Steel
PoC Frequent Visitor
Platinum Licensee
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Lift animation, Stop button, and Charter Sizes Reply with quote

Hi,
I know i'm probably going to be hated for bringing this up.. but I'd like to see an option of having the lift sequence re-inserted for nistalgic reasons because I for one liked it (lame huh)

Also I'd like to see the stop button disapear .. surely by now they know how to make pressing another button eg: the office button Stop the similation and then go and do its thing..

and one more thing.. Would it be possible to add in an option to split the large amounts of cargo into loads comparable to those that your ship can handle..
At the moment I do this manually each time i go into port by loading and then unloading the large runs to split them up into smaller runs so i can see which run is really the most profitable
filips hollandicus
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Lift animation, Stop button, and Charter Sizes Reply with quote

Blue Steel wrote:
...At the moment I do this manually each time i go into port by loading and then unloading the large runs to split them up into smaller runs so i can see which run is really the most profitable
This now is one of the things this game is all about. I always use a calculator to figure out the best cargo.

Greetings,
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the lift animation is a noice addon we think about (we had a 3d version before then a video and then the simple one) --

the stop button symbolizes the time changing from REALTIME (you go to the office) to the speeded up version (SIMULATION x )
when removing this will lead to many confusions (also a technical one).
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

our POC Online MASSIVE PLAYER version wont have a STOP button by the way, but there you can play in REALTIME (constant by about x4 or so),
we still work on this I will give a note when we have the first beta test open.
Blue Steel
PoC Frequent Visitor
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdklein wrote:
yes the lift animation is a noice addon we think about (we had a 3d version before then a video and then the simple one) --

the stop button symbolizes the time changing from REALTIME (you go to the office) to the speeded up version (SIMULATION x )
when removing this will lead to many confusions (also a technical one).

all you'd need to do is do the same code for the stop button prior to doing the code of the other buttons..

Or Leave the stop button in and have it hide those functions that you can only do when sim has stopped.. and once you hit the stop button then display a screen which shows office , shipyard etc.. buttons ..

Doing this would mean that your map could be bigger too..
Blue Steel
PoC Frequent Visitor
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdklein wrote:
our POC Online MASSIVE PLAYER version wont have a STOP button by the way, but there you can play in REALTIME (constant by about x4 or so),

Will this version be free to existing platinum members ???
Blue Steel
PoC Frequent Visitor
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Lift animation, Stop button, and Charter Sizes Reply with quote

filips hollandicus wrote:
Blue Steel wrote:
...At the moment I do this manually each time i go into port by loading and then unloading the large runs to split them up into smaller runs so i can see which run is really the most profitable
This now is one of the things this game is all about. I always use a calculator to figure out the best cargo.

Greetings,

All i'm saying is that you can already do it yourself ingame .. and it would be a nice option to have so that one can select to have it done automatically .. rather than loading and unloading cargo to see them all in your ships size..
Blue Steel
PoC Frequent Visitor
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdklein wrote:

Any more word on this ?
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its still in our pipeline.
Wutzofant
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: re: stop button Reply with quote

While I think it would be a nice feature to automatically have the Stop button activated when clicking on, e.g., the office, I would not want it to entirely disappear:

* I would like to retain the possibility to go from office to shipbroker and back to office ("damn, did I really want to sell that ship? Let's have one more look at the statistics...") etc. without having to worry that time is elapsing now.
    * It's also a nice feature to see the world map being halted. Then you can have a better overview on all your vessels, where they're heading to, etc.

If you're keen on saving display space, one option could be to move the Stop button (heresy!!) next to the other ones, i.e., office and shipbroker etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: