Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ferries / Autofähren

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Haben andere Spieler ebenfalls diese Ansicht? Are other players the same opinion?
Yes / Ja
84%
 84%  [ 11 ]
No / Nein
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

physick
PoC Visitor
Platinum Licensee
PoC Visitor<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Ferries / Autofähren Reply with quote

Hallo zusammen,

nachdem meine Öltanker-Flotte zwar mächtig läuft, ich aber noch paar andere Geschäftszweige aufmachen will, bin ich schon öfters auf Folgendes gestoßen:

Ich würde zwar gerne Autofähren einrichten, allerdings habe ich bisher keine Häfen gefunden, die beide direkt wieder ansteuerbar sind.
Bspw. Hamburg-London, London-Hamburg

Von daher ist es für mich relativ witzlos, eine Fährenflotte aufzubauen Confused

Könnte man in Zukunft evtl. solche Dauerrouten in den Häfen implementieren? Also Häfen, die gegenseitig ansteuerbar sind?

Hello everybody,

since my oiltanker-fleet is making good money, I'd like to build up some other ship-fleets. I would be very interested in a ferry-fleet, but there I have the problem, that I can't build a constant route for the ferry - example: Hamburg-London and London-Hamburg. There are - imho - no harbours, where you can directly access the port, where you actually came from.

So for me building up a ferry-fleet isn't attractive without ports accessable reciprocative (I hope my English is understandable Embarassed ).

Greetings!
Alien
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Das klingt natürlich interessant. Voraussetzung wäre allerdings die Einführung einer neuen Frachtart: Die Unterscheidung zwischen Charterbetrieb (das derzeitige System) und Linienbetrieb. Wie das im Spielbetrieb genau funktionieren soll, ist mir noch nicht ganz bewußt. Bedenken muß man allerdings automatisches Nachtanken, Wartung, kurze Liegezeiten, keine Wartezeiten...

Sounds interesting. But first, a system of dividing freight into charter (the system at the moment) and scheduled service has to be done. How that should work in the game has to be checked first. You have to think about automatic tank filling, servicing, short layover time, no waiting time....

Beste Grüße/best greatings
Thomas
physick
PoC Visitor
Platinum Licensee
PoC Visitor<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Es müsste ja nicht voll automatisiert sein, mir geht es lediglich um die Option, dass ich bspw. in Rotterdam den Hafen Dublin ansteuern kann (natürlich mit Fracht) und in Dublin wiederum den Hafen Rotterdam.

Das ist ja Sinn und Zweck einer Fähre... Very Happy

(Zumindest seh ich das so als Bodensee-Anwohner *gg*)

Es müsste ja auch wirklich nur bei Passagieren und Autos als Fracht so sein. Für den Rest an Frachtarten kann ja alles so bleiben wie es ist, was die Zielhäfen angeht.

It hasn't to be a fully automatized process, I'd only like to have the option to - for example - acces the port of Dublin when I am in Rotterdam (of course with freight) and after arriving in Dublin acces the port of rotterdam back (also with freight). Just to get the option of a fixed route...

I think that's the way a ferry goes Razz

I think it's only necessary with the freight of passengers and cars. For the other kinds of freight accessing target ports could stay the same as it is today.
Bearsie
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naja, mit der einen Fähre im Spiel und der original Ladung ist es eigentlich Witzlos...
Allerding haben Mitspieler inzwischen eine Flotte von über einem Dutzend
Fähren, RoRo Schiffen und Autotransporter gebaut (als add on...)
Auch haben wir etwa 4 neue Frachten dazugefügt.
Diese Frachten benutzen allerdings alle Code 20 und 21 seitdem uns noch kein neuer FrachtCode zur Verfügung steht.
Die Kapazität der Schiffe muss entsprechend geändert werden so das sie nicht sinken.
Damit macht sich dann auch die Trampfahrt mit Fähren bezahlt.
Linienfahrt ist eigentlich im Spiel nicht drinne.
Persönlich glaub ich das ein Liniendienst schnell langweilig wird...

Well, with the one original ferry and the original loads it doesn't make much sense to start a ferry operation.
However, fellow players have built a fleet of over a dozen Ferries, RoRo ships and car transporters and 4 new loads.
These loads do however all share code 20 and 21 since no new freight codes were made available.
The ships capacity has to be adjusted accordingly so they don't sink...
This is all player add on stuff of course.
With this, ferry operations can be run at a profit even in the worldwide tramp trade.
Line service isn't really programmed into the game.
Personally I suspect line service would become boring rather fast ...
StickyMonk
PoC Veteran
Special Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Special Licensee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to have some of the busy ferry ports added to the game for purly ferry service, such as the ports of Dover, Calais, Oostend, Hull ect.

for my ships,cargo and harbors don't visit my web site as they are not there anymore

Last edited by StickyMonk on Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bearsie
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StickyMonk wrote:
I would like to have some of the busy ferry ports added to the game for purly freey service, such as the ports of Dover, Calais, Oostend, Hull ect.

I wonder how that would work?
Presumably RDK would have to add some sort of code line in the town xml so one could "tie" 2 harbors together at will?
StickyMonk
PoC Veteran
Special Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Special Licensee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would make a nice addition to the game, also the Cruise ships would be nice to have a home port that they sail from and back again after the cruise was finished.

for my ships,cargo and harbors don't visit my web site as they are not there anymore
triple_five
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do to like the idea of having ferry business... I myself worked at different ferries, so this would be awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: