Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The window disappears.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hattusas
PoC Regular
Platinum Licensee
PoC Regular<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: The window disappears. Reply with quote

This sometimes occurs.When the game is open and I press alt+tab sometimes the window of POC XXL disappears.
But in the task manager the application POC is there.But windows can't return to the game.
So sad for me to take that step I have to kill the game and lose any unsaved data.
corne_mo
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something similar happens to me when I'm switching between the loading and the freight reserving screen. If I click the different screens in a particular order (still don't know which order), I end up with no PoC screen, but according to WinXP, PoC is still running. Afaik this problem is a known bug.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes known but hard to find or to fix, if you suceed putting to informations as closing an opening in the windows message cue, before I can process them they can close both windows (open B close A -game on B - open A close B is the normal sequence if they are merged you get open B open A close A close B and both are closed with three windows in the freight menue its more complicated) --
maybe I can add a patch so if all poc windows are closed, the program opens the main screen, but its hard to see what this might cause. Shocked
Hattusas
PoC Regular
Platinum Licensee
PoC Regular<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdklein wrote:
yes known but hard to find or to fix, if you suceed putting to informations as closing an opening in the windows message cue, before I can process them they can close both windows (open B close A -game on B - open A close B is the normal sequence if they are merged you get open B open A close A close B and both are closed with three windows in the freight menue its more complicated) --
maybe I can add a patch so if all poc windows are closed, the program opens the main screen, but its hard to see what this might cause. Shocked

I aggree. It will be hard to find.Since I myself am software developer. I will try to catch the error with the steps. Confused
Tweeped
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not experienced exactly the same problem as the TS but i end up in the same situation where the game is still running and no user interface. But my problem had a very high probability to being the same bug, so i post it in this topic.

The "undocumented feature" occurs when i leave the freight reserve window open and switch to another view. In my case i can very easely reproduce the bug by taking the following steps.
1. Wait until a ship in the harbour and you get the screen where u can refuel the ship, charter a new freight, etc.
2. Select charter and open freight reserve, now their are two windows open, the charter window and the freight market window.
3. Switch to the charter window and do your normal thing like loading a freight and click load and the game returns to the worldview.
4. Now there are still two windows running, stop the simulation and go to the office, now the worldview window is closed and focus now shifts back to the freight market window.
5. Clicking on return in the freight market window and this window is also closed and TADA i end up with the game running and no user interface to control the game.

What i think is happening is everytime the game switches views (for example from worldview to ship broker) the old window is closed and a new one is started. But in the above situation the game fails to start a new window or the game detects that there is already a window running and it stops to start a new one and then u end up in the situation that there are no more windows left.

Im running version 0.99.61 with original towns and ships and running in windowed modus.
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for finding it,

yes I think I can remove this bug, the fult is that the charter menue is still open, it shoudl be closed, and the return button should open it again, but therefore I have to change the code a little bit.

Nothing happens if you dont use the ALT-TAB I assume, eg use the return to close the reserve menue and then be back in the charter menue.
Bearsie
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never use ALT Tab and never had the problem.
Come to think of it, I used alt tab a few times a long time ago and it did something similar as described above, so I never used it again.
Tweeped
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixing the bug is okay, but the suggested solution is much less... Shocked Wink

Sometimes the two windows are rather handy and fast for example when i find nice cargo in another port on the freight market but with a tight delivery time. But i dont know how long my ship needs to pick it up and deliver it. So i switch to the charter window and use calculate route to get a good estimate.

I circumvent this bug by closing first the freight market window first before clicking load, then the game goes along just fine.
corne_mo
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the same method very often. And I agree that it is not handy if it's not possible to open both charter and reserve screens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Bugreports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: