Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what do you use?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StickyMonk
PoC Veteran
Special Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Special Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: what do you use? Reply with quote

Just wondering what type of ships people tend to use in the game, do you use only the biggest and newest? or do you prefer the smaller ships?

Me personally I like to have a nice selection of ships, some very big some very small, and try to have as many different types as I can (tankers, liners RoRo ect.)

It will be handy in a way when I am planning more ships to build, no point in spending ages making small bulkers if nobody uses them......

for my ships,cargo and harbors don't visit my web site as they are not there anymore
ANR
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Í use the biggest ships, At the moment I can buy Sealand Florida, and YM Milano, in my game. I would like, to have some more "big ships" that can pass the Panama canal. I have to wait some game years, from now, and then I can buy Luhe. I also like the big bulk carriers, but at the moment, its a little dificoult, to get full load.
der Seewolf
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, no english ...

Ich benutze zur Zeit auch mehr die größeren Schiffe.
Irgendwie ist das Frachtangebot leider nicht wirklich so toll um kleinere Schiffe, über längere Zeit, auf kurzen/mittleren Strecken sinnvoll einzusetzten. (ist zumind. mein Eindruck)

Bye ... Seewolf
Bearsie
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to use smaller ships, but they look big to me since I wear binoculars Wink
Christian Todt
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can tell it only under the condition of having many addon harbors.

i usually use the treylon at the beginning and look then for better ships,
which can be different. eg i used before sometime the california senator
which isnt very large but quite cheap in aintainance and ouil costs so i
bought some (3-6) and operated with them.
i also tried to operate with castillo de loperas (the biggest reefer in the game).
but it's only profitable when you have the additional harbors in south and middle america where you can put high paid bananas as (terminfracht?).

CT
Zootier
PoC Veteran
Gold Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Gold Licensee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally use only ships with more than 10.000 tdw. Its very difficult to make money with smaller ships, particularly in combination with large ships.

But i dont use the big bulk carriers too, because i think they bring the PoC freight system in disorder. If they are allready in the game in the early years of playing its harder to get good freights for normal containerships and small bulk / general cargoships. The freight rates are lower than.

The combination of big and small ships does not work very good, because the freight charge per ton sinks as soon as large ships are in the game.
Novex
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

Location: Somewhere between Rotterdam and Antwerp - the Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually start of the game around the early eighties in expert level with 8 companies. The only good starting vessel at this level and start year is the Trelyon, with is low price and not that difficult to make profit with it, even with 8 companies. Usually within a year the number of Trelyon’s is increased between 4 and 8.

Most of the time I try to buy the Zim Keelung container vessels, 1981 and later on the Nuernberg Express, 1985. In the past I also liked the Hamburg Express, however in my most recent games I seem not to bother anymore with this vessel.

By the time I get at the end of the neighties, I start buying some Luhe’s and a lot of Sally M’s. After 2000 I switch to self made vessels from P&O Nedlloyd, Hapag-lloyd and Mærsk Sealand, up till the Emma Mærsk class. I don’t use unreal vessel like Super Trans, Giant and so on.

If I buy bulkers then I prefer large and fastest ones, like the Seagurdian and Melvin H Baker, 1982. I don’t bother with Liners, this doesn’t interest me, I’m actually considering to remove the passengers form my game.

Cheers, Novex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: