Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Special offers and Jahre Viking

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cwiese100
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Special offers and Jahre Viking Reply with quote

Hi,

in the early 90ies I spent hole school holidays playing Ports of Call on a 286 machine and had really a lot of fun. Now I have played the xxl version and there are two results:
- Skills you trained as a child will be always with you (like steering a ship with full throttle out of a harbor or through some icebergs... Cool )
- And this game is still wasting a lot of time Very Happy

But after playing XXL several times, I have some notes:
- The "special offers" by smugglers seems to be very low compared to the risk for the ship owner and the normal freight rates. Higher offers may be more interesting.
- Tankers and passenger ships are a great idea. But the "Jahre Viking" seems to be competitionless, and that's not only a positive thing: If for example in a two player game one player is clever and quick, he buys all available models. Then the opponent seems to be nearly out of chance and the game becomes a little bit boring.

Regards,
Christian
ANR
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Special offers and Jahre Viking Reply with quote

But after playing XXL several times, I have some notes:
- The "special offers" by smugglers seems to be very low compared to the risk for the ship owner and the normal freight rates. Higher offers may be more interesting.
- Tankers and passenger ships are a great idea. But the "Jahre Viking" seems to be competitionless, and that's not only a positive thing: If for example in a two player game one player is clever and quick, he buys all available models. Then the opponent seems to be nearly out of chance and the game becomes a little bit boring.

You can just change the numver, of avalible ships, in the XML file.
In my game I can buy 20 Jahre Viking, in 1976, and another 20 in the year 2004. Smile
StickyMonk
PoC Veteran
Special Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Special Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or download some of Zootiers http://www.zootierspocshipyard.de.vu
or my ships http://www.stickymonk.co.uk

Between us we have 38 new VLCC and ULCC tankers. Smile

for my ships,cargo and harbors don't visit my web site as they are not there anymore
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But the "Jahre Viking" seems to be competitionless,

we will update also the data,

also for the highscore we will have an update, so only if non modified games are played, the new highscore list will be entered, so hope then there is more competition (all others get a seperate list)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Bugreports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: