Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My opimion and suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freshman
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: My opimion and suggestions Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

my name is martin and I live near Hamburg, Germany. As an old Amiga-User I of course know PoC for a long time. I even now the CGI-PC-Version, which was a big dissapointment in graphics and sound in comparison to the Amiga Crying or Very sad .

Now, I fond PoC XXl and I registered it and played a lot. And I would like to give you some ideas of points which could/must perhapes be changed in former versions. Don't get me wrong. I am happy that somebody develops the game and tries to put the users idea in. Idea

1. in the german Version not all words are translated. Of courso no problem, but it looks better if it is translated.

2. If the message about mortages pops up, there ist no thousand-point like in 1.000 or 60.000 etc, in messages of penalty payments there are these "points". It would look better.

3. If you choose full window, the mein window is still the same. There will only be a frame. It would be nice if I could decide how large the window should be. I saw a thread in which you polled how big the window should be. So I guess you got it on the list.

4. If I want to leave or enter a harbour and choose towboats I have to wait 2 days, befor the ship is ready. I trhink this is too long - in view of reality in Hmaburg two days are a long time. I think this should be changed in 0,5 - 1 day.

5. If I lay against PC-opponents I am missing an aim of the game. Like how will first reach numer of ships or amount of money. Even I can't fight the oppenents like buying shares, sobatage or something else. So where ist the thread?

But now the mainproblem:
After 1 hour of gameplay the game is not playable any more. There are so many ships that you need sometimes minutes befor you can decide again. All ships are blinking all the time so you cant act. It's terrible. I think it would be usefull to enter a if...then condition like if a player is a pc-oppenent then don#t...
...show PC-opponents-messages
...let PC-ships blink
the only things I have to know about my PC-opponents are:
if he buys a ship
if he looses a ship
and how successfull he is

but messages about canals, fees, and so on are uninteresting if they concern my PC-opponent.

Perhapes you can do anything against this .

So, thats it. Perhapes I could give you some ideas. I am looking forward to an update. Razz

Best regards
Martin / Freshman
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will have an option to switch off messages from the opponent - might be already in the next version.
Freshman
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

thanx for the answer!
It would be great to switch of these messages. But I have to question, if this only concerns the messages or also the blinking of the ships? Because every happening of the opponent's ships is shown in he actual version.

But I am looking forward to every advancement.

Greetz
Freshman
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes of course also the blinking.
Freshman
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SSSCCCHHHWWWINNGGG Very Happy Very Happy

Thats great!! Exclamation
That will help the game a lot. Thanks a lot

Freshman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: