Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Side Views

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL User Made Ports, Goods, Vessels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m.i.b
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Side Views Reply with quote

Hi,

if anybody asked you this question, I'm sorry, I haven't found it. I want ask you, how can I do the side view of the ship. If it is possible by another way then drawing pixel by pixel. And how can I do the black and white side view (or top view, it's the same).

Thanks a lot

Dave
Bearsie
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: side view Reply with quote

This was discussed before, now finding the post...
I use Photoimpact, but there are all sorts of usable programs out there.
Usually a photo or at least line drawing of a ships side view is needed.
Then I modify it with the program.
I tend to make the background white on my side view, because then I can use the "invert" feature in my program and save half the work for the mask.
Still have to do a fair amount of "pixel by pixel"... Rolling Eyes
Also I tend to do the work in a larger scale and down size after I am all done, since it gives better detail.
Roughly takes 3 to 4 hours including setting it into the game, adjusting water line and test running it to Australia
Others may do it different.
m.i.b
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: I made it :) Reply with quote

I made it Smile I made Titanic. It's from year 2000, but never mind Cool But it was really difficult work.
avangarde79
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: I made it :) Reply with quote

m.i.b wrote:
I made it Smile I made Titanic. It's from year 2000, but never mind Cool But it was really difficult work.

Pls share with us just for seen .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
m.i.b
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanic was not as good as it could be, but I made Genesis of the Seas and it is available on Zootier's pages Smile
avangarde79
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spotted last autumn Seven seas Navigator at Bosphorus waters.Would Anyone to buýild up her ? i can send via pm also wish to assist me for build up the vsl.Rgds
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL User Made Ports, Goods, Vessels All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: