Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Port / Harbor creation info needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL User Made Ports, Goods, Vessels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aries1470
PoC Regular
Unlicensed
PoC Regular<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Port / Harbor creation info needed Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of creating a few ports. The information I need is the following:
Where can I find information for what all the lines mean? I have figured out a couple of them, but need predominantly info on:

Berths available. Some ports only have 2-4 berths. Is there also an option on what size ships it can accommodate? Say I just want small / medium sized vessels up to 200-300mtrs for example?

Co-ordinates. How many decimal points can we add? Especially if two ports are extremely close to each another for example. I have noticed mostly 3 digits and the occasional 4 digit and 3 digit combos.

How can I make a harbour with a dry-dock, and only have 1 or 2 berths for it, and the size of ships it can service.

Also, would it be a good idea to add in the corner of a port map, the flag of that country? What do you guys think?

At this moment I have most of the details for the ports I want to add, including images, but since I only have “paint” & “Microsoft photo editor”, how can I do the ‘frame’ in the 4 corners. Also, if the image does not exactly match the 320x240 size, which is best to be ‘smaller’ or ‘larger’? example: 320x210 or 360x240.

I currently have the Google maps and photos of the places most of the details for goods for those ports too with populace.

Once completed, I would share them with everyone, sending them to bigbear's site. That is my plan. The reason is, is that being able to add pics and change port numbers is a great idea, plus most of the other peoples are there too Very Happy

Thank you.
avangarde79
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Aries, many question of yours discussed before you can find there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StickyMonk
PoC Veteran
Special Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Special Licensee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Port / Harbor creation info needed Reply with quote

aries1470 wrote:
Berths available. Some ports only have 2-4 berths. Is there also an option on what size ships it can accommodate? Say I just want small / medium sized vessels up to 200-300mtrs for example?

Not currently passable to change, all user made ports get 14 berths.

aries1470 wrote:

Co-ordinates. How many decimal points can we add? Especially if two ports are extremely close to each another for example. I have noticed mostly 3 digits and the occasional 4 digit and 3 digit combos.

I never use more than 2, its not really necessary to get it that exact as the map is tiny!

aries1470 wrote:
How can I make a harbour with a dry-dock, and only have 1 or 2 berths for it, and the size of ships it can service.

the line <repda> is the one govening dry docks, 1-99 is a small dock 100 to 199 is panamax, the lower the number the cheaper it is to repair at those docks. you cant alter the amount of dock space.

aries1470 wrote:
Also, would it be a good idea to add in the corner of a port map, the flag of that country? What do you guys think?

Your choice, I dont have them on my docks as i know which country they are in.

aries1470 wrote:
At this moment I have most of the details for the ports I want to add, including images, but since I only have “paint” & “Microsoft photo editor”, how can I do the ‘frame’ in the 4 corners. Also, if the image does not exactly match the 320x240 size, which is best to be ‘smaller’ or ‘larger’? example: 320x210 or 360x240.

I can only suggest getting a decent photo editor, the free version of paint shop pro will work fine, (I use photoshop).

aries1470 wrote:
I currently have the Google maps and photos of the places most of the details for goods for those ports too with populace.

Once completed, I would share them with everyone, sending them to bigbear's site. That is my plan. The reason is, is that being able to add pics and change port numbers is a great idea, plus most of the other peoples are there too Very Happy

I am not sure is bigbear still visits these forums, not seen him about for a while and he never replied to my emails. If you need them hosting I will put them on my site in a zip file like the ones I have on there at the moment.

You no longer need to change the port numbers due to the new user add on feature as it goes by town name now.

for my ships,cargo and harbors don't visit my web site as they are not there anymore
aries1470
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Port / Harbor creation info needed Reply with quote

StickyMonk wrote:
aries1470 wrote:

Not currently passable to change, all user made ports get 14 berths.

So hopefully in the future that will change? any news on that?
Also what determines the turn around time for the ships?

aries1470 wrote:

StickyMonk wrote:
the line <repda> is the one govening dry docks, 1-99 is a small dock 100 to 199 is panamax, the lower the number the cheaper it is to repair at those docks. you cant alter the amount of dock space.

So for the following dry-dock:
http://www.uqp.no/Syros/index.htm and more specifically here a size of 20 would be adequate? What do you think? just so I could get a 'feel' for the game size for the dry docks. Can we set the size of the dry docks at least, since i remember seeing that the ports with dry-docks have a length for them.

aries1470 wrote:

StickyMonk wrote:
Your choice, I dont have them on my docks as i know which country they are in.

aries1470 wrote:

StickyMonk wrote:
I can only suggest getting a decent photo editor, the free version of paint shop pro will work fine, (I use photoshop).

Wow, that brings back memories, I have not used PSP for around 6years, hehe. I just hope I can make those 'framed corners'.

aries1470 wrote:

StickyMonk wrote:
I am not sure is bigbear still visits these forums, not seen him about for a while and he never replied to my emails. If you need them hosting I will put them on my site in a zip file like the ones I have on there at the moment.

Thank you, that would be great. I will need a fair amount of time to build and make a simple website, I prefer to make the ports Wink

StickyMonk wrote:
You no longer need to change the port numbers due to the new user add on feature as it goes by town name now.

really? that is great. i will have to try it out more, since I had done the d/l'd harbors the 'old(?) way', i will try out a couple of them, so i would know what to do.

Do you know what happened with RDK's suggestion of importing the ports from the web to the game? Any updates on that?

it should take me a couple of days to complete and try them for stability. Smile then I will email you the ports in zip.

The ports I am doing are the following:
Ermoupolis (Syros - Greece)
Tinos (Greece)
Patra (Greece)
------
Diego Garcia - British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT)
------
Cebu - Philippines
Iloilo - Philippines
------
Maldives - with assistance from avangarde79.
------
Gibraltar
------
Norfolk Island - Australian territory - Pacific (w.i.p. work in progress)
------
Dili - East Timor (w.i.p. work in progress)
------

I hope others find them interesting. Again, thanks Stickymonk for the hosting Very Happy
aries1470
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw, I forgot to ask, what does this mean at the end of each town, since others have more letters and others less.

Code:
<hafentyp>p,q,y,g,c,r,b,d,t,a</hafentyp>
<hafentyp>q,y,g,c,r,b,d,t,a</hafentyp>
<hafentyp>p,y,g,c,b,d,t,a</hafentyp>
<hafentyp>p,y,g,b,t</hafentyp> (Umm Quasr)
<hafentyp>-</hafentyp> (Panama & Point Hope)
<hafentyp>p,q,g,c,r,b,d,t,a</hafentyp> (Dar-es-Salaam)
<hafentyp>p,y,g,c,r,t,a</hafentyp> (Oslo)

So what is this for? Just want to know what I can do to make it more enjoyable. Smile

Is this for which ports you can go to from the port you are in? and what does the hyphen '-' mean?

Thank you.
ANR
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone have problems, with creating harbours, ships, and cargo, maybe this site can help.

http://poc.bigbear.de/tipps.php
aries1470
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANR wrote:
If someone have problems, with creating harbours, ships, and cargo, maybe this site can help.

Thanks ANR,

I am aware of the site, but most is in German Crying or Very sad I personally only know English, Greek and some Tagalog with some help. At least I was able to get the general idea Smile Wink Mr. Green

That means that most of the ports I am getting ready will have an "a,y,r,g". Just to be sure, the "r" (RoRo) is for cars/ trucks that use passenger ferries, right?
Bearsie
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn around time for a ship is determined by this line in the ship.xml :
<umschlagzeit>1</umschlagzeit>
The number stands for the number of days required to load / unload
port time as such can be made longer by changing the value <wartezeit>1</wartezeit> in the town.xml
corne_mo
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I still don't know where the program uses the <hafentyp> for. It makes its freight list using the freight/prices overview. Anybody knowns where <hafentyp> is exactly used for?
aries1470
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearsie wrote:
Turn around time for a ship is determined by this line in the ship.xml :
<umschlagzeit>1</umschlagzeit>
The number stands for the number of days required to load / unload
port time as such can be made longer by changing the value <wartezeit>1</wartezeit> in the town.xml

Hi Bearsie,
ouch, i got lost for a moment, but eventually found it Wink
Code:
<ortswartezeit>1</ortswartezeit>

I have finished changing Malé and have cropped re-seized images and all. the png looks great too Very Happy

Once i finishing testing I will be uploading the modified xml file here and uploading to StickyMonk complete with images.

The only thing I won't be able to do is the corners of the images of the 'harbi' Crying or Very sad

You guys are great. I could not have started doing the ports if not for you.
Christian Todt
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANR wrote:

be careful with the tipps of putting the harbors etc. in the game.
bigbear describes the old way. the new way with the addon folder in
the poc directory is a bit different.

CT
aries1470
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Diego Garcia & Malé Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I have reworked Malé and made Diego Garcia.

here are the xml files:
Code:
<town>
<index>107</index>
<name>Malé</name>
<land>Maldives</land>
<einwohner>81647</einwohner>
<landwaehrung_name>MVR</landwaehrung_name>
<kurs_auf_dollar_bezogen>12.8</kurs_auf_dollar_bezogen>
<x>733</x>
<y>-041</y>
<einkommensteuer>10</einkommensteuer>
<kriegsrisiko>0</kriegsrisiko>
<HafenArbeiterStreik>7</HafenArbeiterStreik>
<SchlepperStreik>8</SchlepperStreik>
<prozwirksam>63</prozwirksam>
<treibstoffpreis>140</treibstoffpreis>
<bildinfostadtnummer>Malé_Maldives.png</bildinfostadtnummer>
<fracht>Passenger,130,Fish,180</fracht>
<klippenrisiko>0</klippenrisiko>
<piratenrisiko>0</piratenrisiko>
<kollisionsrisiko>5</kollisionsrisiko>
<seuchenrisiko>1</seuchenrisiko>
<schlepperkosten>3600</schlepperkosten>
<ortswartezeit>2</ortswartezeit>
<schmuggelda>25</schmuggelda>
<schmuggelart>3</schmuggelart>
<zollgefahr>5</zollgefahr>
<nebel>0</nebel>
<repda>-</repda>
<anzfracht>25</anzfracht>
<hafentyp>y,g,c,a</hafentyp>
<kontinent>Asia</kontinent>
</town>

and Diego Garcia:
Code:

<town>
<index>198</index>
<name>Diego Garcia</name>
<land>British Indian Ocean Territory</land>
<einwohner>3500</einwohner>
<landwaehrung_name>GBP</landwaehrung_name>
<kurs_auf_dollar_bezogen>0.60756</kurs_auf_dollar_bezogen>
<x>0723</x>
<y>72</y>
<einkommensteuer>99</einkommensteuer>
<kriegsrisiko>0</kriegsrisiko>
<HafenArbeiterStreik>1</HafenArbeiterStreik>
<SchlepperStreik>1</SchlepperStreik>
<prozwirksam>66</prozwirksam>
<treibstoffpreis>198</treibstoffpreis>
<bildinfostadtnummer>Diego_Garcia.png</bildinfostadtnummer>
<fracht>Passenger,60,Arms,160</fracht>
<klippenrisiko>0</klippenrisiko>
<piratenrisiko>0</piratenrisiko>
<kollisionsrisiko>0</kollisionsrisiko>
<seuchenrisiko>0</seuchenrisiko>
<schlepperkosten>8800</schlepperkosten>
<ortswartezeit>1</ortswartezeit>
<schmuggelda>0</schmuggelda>
<schmuggelart>0</schmuggelart>
<zollgefahr>80</zollgefahr>
<nebel>0</nebel>
<repda>0</repda>
<anzfracht>2</anzfracht>
<hafentyp>-</hafentyp>
<kontinent>Middle East</kontinent>
</town>

I have sent an email to StickyMonk that has the files in zip to be added to the addon folder. They also include images too.

Please note that Male was based on work from avangarde79 I just modified a few things like currency and population and items etc.

I hope that you all enjoy them. These are my first attempts in making ports for the game.

Thank you.

Any feed back is welcome.

Edit: Diego Garcia. Fixed Conitinent. Put it in "Middle East" Since it is in the middle of nowhere. You can change it to Asia or Africa. Sorry, i didn't notice it earlier.

Last edited by aries1470 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
avangarde79
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Aries1470 and all you guys,

As you upgraded Male Island we are sharing our self made ons.I wish to support untill i join my vessel about next week i will resume to support self mades during my voyages.
Brgds
Burak
++
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aries1470
PoC Regular
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: New thread created. Reply with quote

Hi all. I have created a new thread for the ports that I am making. Thank to all that helped me in starting to create my new ports for the game.

You can find the new thread here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL User Made Ports, Goods, Vessels All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: