Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

War Risk Zone PORT SAID In November 1980

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL User Made Ports, Goods, Vessels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparky
PoC Veteran
Platinum Licensee
PoC Veteran<br>Platinum Licensee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: War Risk Zone PORT SAID In November 1980 Reply with quote

Just had one of my my ships gunned in Port Said in the peaceful year of 1980!!!

Such events happend back in 1957 during the Suez Crisis, but later on ....? I do not recall any incident.
During the 6-days-war between Israel and Egypt in 1967 the canal was simply closed. Some 14 ships remained locked on the Great Bitter Lake for 8 years (quite "bitter" for them) until the canal was reopened in 1975, but no harm was done to ships and crews.

In the xml-file I changed the line "kriegsrisiko" (= war risk) from 7 to 0 because at the moment pocxxl covers no war risk epoch for this port. I hope this will do it.

There are certainly more ports in the game where war risks are limited to a short period only but are defined for the entire play time. I would really appreciate a data base integrated into the game where all time-relevant features are collected and interpreted during the course of game - like name of port, war risks, import/export goods (type and amount), maximum size and numbers of ships accessible to the port (size of locks, number of berths), repair facilities ... what else ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL User Made Ports, Goods, Vessels All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: