Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turbosquid Ships

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Sim3D II Discussion & Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golds
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Turbosquid Ships Reply with quote

Hello

Thought I'd just drop by and mention something.

I would like to say I saw your impressive ships on turbosquid and was saving my pocket money to purchase one (wifey dosn't give me to much Smile ). I went there yesterday to purchase one and the price had gone from $89 to $350, wow that took it way out of my range of my pocket also considering the exchange rate for my country it makes it $700 ouch it never gonna happen at that price. For around the $89 I would have purchased them all over the next couple of years for addition to the game I play its not ship related. Never mind guess you have your reasons. Just like to pass on my thoughts though.

I'm not a POC user must say it does look interesting though, don't think I like the game play style don't think its my scene.

Keep up the good work looks like a great fourm

Kind Regards

Golds
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ships at turbosquid are for 3d artists, they cannot be integrated into ports of call, but are for 3d modelling packy like Maya and 3dmax etc.

You get the same ships for ports of call if you buy the expansion packs 1+2, they can be used in pocsim3dii but only there.

Both differ also the poc ships have the attributes you need tosteer them the ships at turbosquid are the bare versions,

the difference is a little bit like the source code of a program and the executable.
Golds
PoC Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rd

Yes you are right I wanted them for 3dsmax not for POC (but think you miss understood), so I could add the attachment points and use the exporters to get it into the game I use. I was just mentioning the price jump from the original that was all.

Kind Regards

Golds
rdklein
PoC Veteran
Admin
PoC Veteran<br>Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I see, yes we had to raise the price to gain a little bit money (we dont sell many of them), and in comparison to the time needed to construct a ship like these by an artist. This helps us developing more.
The interesting thing aboutthis after a discussion in the turboquid (they told u to multiply the prices by 5) threads is that the low price we had before leads to ZERO selling and this changed after rising the prices.

If you are interested I can offer you half off the price (as TS gets 50% anyway) send an email to me at poc@rdklein.de and if you want more ships also a discount.

if the game you want to port it to s ov general interest we can also make a porting to the game ?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> Sim3D II Discussion & Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: