Ports Of Call Forum Index Impressum / Contact // data privacy / Datenschutz

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We ned contracts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brynjard
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed
PoC Frequent Visitor<br>Unlicensed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: We ned contracts Reply with quote

Hi!
I'm a big fan of ports of call. Espesially the buisness part.
I think there should be a much more complex market system:
Like long transport contracts and charter.
Example: If you had certain supply ships you could get long therm contracts for offshore supply(oil industry)
The level of marketing you have and status would decide your contract value and benefits.
And there could be benefits for "experiance" if you had a "cruise chip company" you wouldnt get offshore supply contracts that easy.

What do you think?

Brynj
Peter Winter
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I agree with you that the business part (economic simulation) is the most important part of the game. Your ideas seems interessting to me, especially an implementation of long transport and/or charter contracts. Do you have any concrete proposals how this can be realised in PoC XXL? I think a detailed describtion makes it easier for rdk to judge if a realisation can be arranged.

Best regards,
Peter
Brynjard
PoC Frequent Visitor
Unlicensed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
Sorry for late answer.
In PoC today we actually operate on the "spot market" in shipping.
An Idea could be that the present "spotmarket" continue as it is, adding supply, thug services and other services.
One factor that could be "fixed" is: Market changeing; sometimes it`s very lucrative operating in "spot market" and sometime it`s expencive to have vessels without charter.
I don`t know the best way to make a interactive market, but if there was 10-100 AI(s) wich where operating in the market independent and which could not be "turned off". The variation of vessel acces in the spot market would variate the market? maybe...
As well as the prises today already have a variation.

About contracts:
Different types of industries need different types of transport and services. Competitive bidding must be important. It could be a international lists as in the "spot market" wich where the "tenders are invited" list.
All shipping companis can make an offer on the contracts.
The list shows which sector(decides which vessels needed; transport, supply, thug service other?) It shows expiring date for offers(when the decicion is taken)
And other?
Contract must contain:
-A start and end of contract. And it could be an optional end, which depends on results. (time limits, vessel operating percent(not in dock), company status, vessel condition, other factors?) =results
-earnings and bonuses
-min/max vessels involved, condition limit, status level.... + other

General:
-There should be long therm and short therm contracts.
-In real life shipping it is almost as winning the lottery when gettin a long therm profitable contract.
-Making contract offers is very difficult; to be profitable a calculation of fuel, salery and maintnance expences is needed. Sametime you have competition. In good times it`s rather easy due to good margin, though in "bad" times you might sign a contract who makes you loose money, cause you need to cover up for expences on your vessel without contracts or chart. Alternative is to sell them. In bad times vessels are cheap due to vessel acces.

If there is factors in the contract system as suggested in the "spot market", market variations. Long time contracts in "good times" are very good to have when the market goes from "good" to "bad". You still have a good contract.
The problem is in "bad" times you win a contract and it last through a "good" time.
It`s buisness strategy...

I have another topic about PoC:
http://www.rdkleinforum.de/viewtopic.php?p=28524#28524
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ports Of Call Forum Index -> XXL General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: